S E V E N | New Beginnings

Remember why you started

*****

Feelings don't give you a time and place before they come crashing down on you with all the strength that they have. Feelings don't really consider the fact that you may hardly know the person that you're so hopelessly attached too. And feelings don't really warn you when they're about to strike. My feelings right now? Well they were a mess. My brain was telling me no but my heart was headstrong on yes and I was stuck in the middle. Truth was I was scared and I wasn't sure whether I was scared by the fact that Elliot wanted to explore my depths and understand me or that fact that I was willing to let him. I tried defying the turmoil inside me whenever we crossed paths but just one look at me dissolved all of the defences that I had put up.

My soul had been hidden away and my thoughts were pushed to the deepest corner of my mind. I refused to break and let me feelings show or to betray a single emotion that would give me away; but the rapid beating of my heart whenever my eyes would fall on him could only mean one thing and that was something I wasn't ready for.

I couldn't sleep after Elliot had left; my mind was running at 100 miles an hour trying to keep up with my heart constantly flashing back to the way Elliot had looked at me; he had beautiful eyes, the kind you could easily get lost in. And maybe that's why I did. Knowing sleep was a far cry I finally gave up and instead sat on my balcony, a blanket thrown around my shoulder.

This had to stop, there's no way this could go on but talking to him put me in such a giddy mood. Just a 'hey' and I swear everyone else around me can hear the beating of my heart. The hours passed by and sleep still hadn't paid me a visit so instead I threw the blanket back onto my bed and headed for a shower. I let the hot water cascade down my back try to relax my tensed muscles as best I could; not knowing exactly how long I had stood under the water I eventually turned the water off wrapping myself in a towel. I stood in-front of the vanity staring at myself in the clouded mirror before sighing pulling out my toothbrush. I quickly dried myself off throwing on some grey sweatpants with it's matching cropped sweatshirt.

"Morning honey" Elaine said as I walked into the kitchen. I froze not expecting to see her home. Since my time at the Black household I had hardly seen Elaine or even David for that matter, they were constantly busy at work or attending work-related events.

I smiled genuinely happy to see her, "Morning, Elaine". She was busy flipping some eggs on the pan turning the stove off before turning to face me, pulling me into a long hug.

"I'm sorry I haven't been around much, but Elle, you and I are definitely having a girls day today. How does shopping sound?" Elaine looked guilty as she locked her arm into my own leading me towards the dining table.