Part 2: Chapter 28 | Sophomore Year

*HARASSMENT, HOMOPHOBIA, STRONG SENSE OF VIOLENCE, INTENSE LANGUAGE*

"JAMIE!!!! WAKE UP," Casey screamed while pounding on my door.

I swear if I was a chick, this bitch would have been dead by now. Seeing that it was 6:00 am, I got up and stretched out my muscles.

"Fuck I hate school," I groaned.

After I was done with my morning routine I went downstairs to have breakfast with my amazing family. As you can see from the title, it is the first day of school, and I am so ready to kick ass.

If you're wondering how I am doing, bitch I am doing immaculate. If you thought that I would have some Olivia Rodrigo moment, kiss my ass. After that night at the movie theater, Benjamin and I never spoke again, and I was okay with that. He probably had some epiphany that he was straight. Good on him.

*RING RING*

I looked to see who was calling and it was Marcus. If you'd caught on by now, he graduated and is now attending Stanford. It was nice seeing him happy when he told everyone the news on graduation day. It was cute. Picking up, I see a handsome man smiling at me through the phone screen.

"HEY BABE!" he greeted with a big smile.

I rolled my eyes at the screen.

"Don't call me that," I scolded him in a playful tone.

He gave a fake pout through the screen.

I miss him. I knew I could not tell him what Benjamin did, because he will fly here and beat him to a pulp. The only people who knew were my best friends and my parents. I couldn't tell Brandon because the outcome will be the same as Marcus' if I was to do so.

Throughout the whole bus ride, we talked about school and all that stuff. He had to hang up because he had football practice.

Once again, the school had that ugly ass sign slapped onto the gate. Today was going to e better than last year because that was just not it. Once the bus parked, the students got off, and straight away I ran to my friends.

"HEYYYYY!" I greeted as we all hugged each other.

We talked about our summer while walking to our hang out and to my surprise I see Benjamin sitting there with his friends. Wow.. what a wonderful surprise.

"Good morning Benjamin. It has seems that your group is on our spot," I kindly addressed him.

"Why are you talking to me fag," he spat, and we all just froze in our spots.

Did this closeted fuck just call me fag! I turned to look at my girls and they looked ready to kill, but I gave them a look to stand down. I just gave Benjamin a small smile and walked away, because I was not about to have this shit happen again early in the morning. The look on Benjamin's face was priceless. If he thinks I'm going the give him attention, think again.

"Wow look at you bitch! All mature and shiii," Annie said nudging my shoulder.

We just laughed it off and walked to the dining hall and had breakfast. We caught up with all the things we did over the summer, and let me tell you we caught up. The bell finally rang and we all went to our separate classes.

I had English 10 and when I walked in, to my surprise I had Benjamin. We locked eyes for a second, but I quickly looked away because I was just not having it. I sat down as far away as him and got ready for today's lesson. We did our introductions and whatnot, and thank the lord there were no three truths one lie because last year was not the way to go.