Thirty Two

"You can't make me do this, Zayn! Honestly, he makes me.. uncomfortable." Jade pleads and Zayn sighs, running a hand through his hair and shrugs. The past three days Jade has been complaining about this duet, claiming it's just about the worst thing he's ever done on her behalf, any attempt to show her how much good this'll do her before the album is released is useless because frankly, Jade's not worried about the album dropp, she just wants to be happy doing what she's doing.

"I'm sorry, really. Look-- He's not even here, he's got an interview with his band so you've got the place to yourself, now c'mon, put that gorgeous voice to use!" He smiles, kissing her cheek and sending her into the booth.

"How soon do we forget, how we felt?

Dealing with emotions, that never left
Playing with the hand that we were dealt, in this game

Maybe I'm the sinner, and you're the saint
Gotta stop pretending, what we ain't
Why we pointing fingers, anyway?
When we're the same

Break up
Make up
Total waste of time
Can we please make up our minds
And stop acting like we're blind?"

"Uh, Jade, just a li'l bit softer on the chorus yeah?" Zayn speaks into the mic and Jade nods, repeating the lines with what Zayn asked for, looking up to see him smiling. He catches her gaze and winks, Jade grins, continuing with her parts and doing what Zayn suggested when he did suggest anything. Before she knows it, it's 3 in afternoon and Ashton is walking in, Ray-Bans and a fedora. Ugh, this boy...

"Well, hello Jade." He smiles, but Jade gets a sick feeling in her gut and looks away from him awkwardly, walking over to Niall to listen to her parts incase she felt like she should re-do anything.

"What the hell was that?" She asks herself after hearing a certain verse, she shakes her head and grimaces, "Yeah, I need to do that again Niall, sorry mate I know you wanna go home and all but... that was bloody awful." She says and Niall smiles at her softly, nudging towards the booth.

"Well, I ain't got all day, Thirlwall, leggo." He chuckles as Jade kisses him on the cheek and goes back in the booth, nodding when she's ready to begin. With the headphones on, Jade can no longer hear anything around, besides the music that's beginning its crescendo. About fifteen minutes later, Jade walked out and noticed Niall had ran to the restroom as soon as she exited, leaving her alone with Ashton.

"So..." He smiles, getting up from the sofa and making his way toward her with a storng, confident stride, "How are you, Jade?"

"FIne." Jade says a little too harshly and sees a flash of hurt on the boys face, "H-How are you?" She asks. He smiles softly.

"I'm definitely better now," he says, winks and checks his phone. "So, Perrie..." He trails off, gets a little closer and leans against the wall she's got her back to, 'How's the little girl?"

"She's not a little girl, and she's fine."

"She treatin' you well?" He asks, now he's standing in front of her, and there a no options of escape, she can't get past him, he's too strong, unless he let her go. " 'Cause, if she isn't..." He trails off, brushing the brown hair out of Jade's face, his touch lingering too long for Jade's liking. She shifts slightly, subtly getting him to stop touching her.

"She's treating me more than well, Ashton." She snaps, sending a glare his way and he chuckles.

"Jade, I'm a good guy. No need to get hostile."

"A good guy doesn't have to remind people he's a good guy unless he actually isn't a good guy."

"What? You're confusing me." He laughs, his fingers skimming up the skin of her arm before Zayn walks in with Perrie trailing behind, as soon as he sees what's happening he stalls Perrie.