Epilogue: Don't Forget Where You Belong.

THREE YEARS LATER. NEW YORK FASHION WEEK.

"Jade! Over here, Jade!" And various statements are being thrown around by the paparazzi as she walks down the red carpet. It was the first time in two and a half years that Jade was in the spotlight. The hiatus she took after... after what happened left everyone in mystery. The small paragraph she posted on her various social media's before deleting all of her posts was short, vague but too the point.

I need to take a break for myself.  I love my career, my fans, and the incredible opportunities everything has brought me. But I'm not myself right now, and pushing myself to withstand being so closely examined under a microscope is something that I cannot force myself to do, for my own mental wellbeing and the sake of the future of my career.

Thank you for understanding, I'll see you when I see you.

Jade

Now, after many interventions; Jesy, Louis, her mother and stepfather, even Lauren— all of them attempted to coax her into living like any normal human being but it was more so someone's influence, someone that she hasn't spoken to in years, that made her want to stop being a recluse. And if things went well, maybe they could catch up.

"Jade! Do you have time for an interview?" An overeager reporter asked and she nodded gently before he guided her by the wrist off the side of the dark red carpet. "It's so nice to see you, I'm Brandon."

"Nice to meet you." She said with a charming smile. International Sweetheart was back with a vengeance, no one was taking that title away from her. "Shall we get this rolling?"

"Of course! How've you been, it's been awhile since anyone's heard anything about you! Is it intimidating to be out here on the carpet once again?"

"I've been okay, I dealt with my demons. It's not intimidating to be out here, it's a second home. Like slipping on your favorite old shirt. I've missed this."

"And since it's fashion week: I have to ask— who are you wearing tonight?"

Jade stuttered for a moment, looking down at the flowing blue dress that hugged her body perfectly, even after three years and some months. A comfortable second skin. She smoothed her hand over the silk fabric and then looked up again with a small smile.

"It's an Edwards' piece."

"As in Perrie Edwards? Your—"

"Yes," she cut him off quietly, "As in Perrie Edwards."

"It's nothing we've seen from her first two lines of work... where'd you snag this?"

"A custom original piece, she made it herself. A while back of course." She shared, "Given why I'm here, I thought it was appropriate..."

"Right, of course." Brandon smiled, "Thank you for taking your time to speak with me, Miss Thirlwall."

"Please, just Jade. I'm almost thirty calling me Miss Thirlwall will give me premature grey hairs." She laughed. So did Brandon.

After that she was on her way down the carpet again, stoping at every marker to pose for a few photos until she finally was inside the building and looking for her place to sit. Leigh-Anne could only snag a last minute seat in the way back, she and Jesy were in the front. But as she reached her marked seat, a burly man stepped between her and the seat.

"Miss Thirlwall," another premature grey hair, "It's been requested that you sit front row."

"It's fine, I don't mind. I don't want to take anyone's seat." Jade said but the man shook his head. "Well, if you insist."