Twenty six

But guys, omg, stop and listen ended a cHAPTER AGO.

----

Zayn walked into the small coffee shop, his coat wrapped tightly around him in the cold weather, the black and brown beanie hanging loosely off of his head. He was greeted by the warm heater and the always comforting smell of coffee and muffins. He let his feet guid him to a small booth in the corner of the cafe. He smiled when the waitress came for his order.

"What can I get ya s- oh, Zayn! I didn't recognize you, your hair's grown a lot!" Perrie laughed, twirling a small lock of his raven hair. Zayn just smiled, nodding and scanning over the menu quickly.

"I'll just take the hottest coco you got, and a slice of pumpkin pie and you'll be the best." He replied, Perrie nodded, writing down the order.

"Whip cream?" She asks, her voice is monotone, she's being professional now. Or as professional as you can be when you have a black fleece blanket around your shoulders and dressed in a purple onesie.

"Please." Zayn says and Perrie walks off after shooting him a smile.

A few minutes later, she returns. Balancing at least five plates on her arms, she places his down with out complication, handing him his coco and bouncing off again to serve others.

"Jade got lucky." He murmurs to himself, sipping his coco and pulling out his phone which was vibrating in his coat pocket. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me, Ashton! Just wanted to confirm our meeting in a few days?" The boy says, Zayn's eyes suddenly wide and her curses.

"Fuck! Ashton, Jade has a few... Family issues she has to deal with over the weekend, she'll be spending it in South Shields before they leave for the U.S. Is there another day we can reschedule for?" The Bradford man asks, pulling out a planner from his messenger bag.

"Uh,I guess. Let me check. MARTHA!"

Zayn winces, 'S my fuckin' ear you asshole! He wants to yell, but he doesn't. "Er, lemme see, I can do.... The day after the VMA's that cool?"

"Er, Jade can do that day after the day after." Zayn replied.

"Yeah, I can do then too. Confirmed?"

"Yeah, have a good day."

"You too, mate."

He sat and ate his breakfast quietly, not looking forward to the day ahead. More planning, sorting, booking, and losing more money than he was making at the moment. Seeing as e didn't exactly want to tell Jade about the trouble he was having with keeping the label, he kept quiet. The mortgage bills were too high for the two story modernized building they had bought, the electricity bill was out of this planet, and frankly, since Zayn and his last girlfriend broke up, he hasn't had much of a great outlook on things.

When Perrie sat down with him after her shift, his dull life seemed to brighten. He smiled brightly, noticing she had changed out of the onesie she was wearing when she served him and was now in joggers and a long-sleeved red and black flannel. Which looked vaguely of the one he had lost at Jade's house a couple months back, but nonetheless, she looked comfortable, and if his shirt made her comfortable, he was happy.

"Hey, I'm off in a few minutes before I gotta head to school, you mind hanging out for a bit? I'd like to get to know you." Perrie asks sheepishly, her cheeks are tinted with crimson and she looks a little shy.

"Yeah, totally! Where would you like to go?" He asks, resting his hand on top of each other on the table.

"Anywhere really, but my house seems like a good idea, yeah?"