Thirty four

"Hey." Ashton smiles, plopping himself on the couch next to Jade as they were in a meeting discussing the possibilities of a music video along with the single.

"Hi." Perrie popped in, landing herself a spot on Jade's lap, who smiled and leaned up to give Perrie an innocent kiss, although it infuriates Ashton. "How've you been, Ashton?" Perrie asks politely, she smiles at him, tangling her fingers with Jade, giving the petite girl's hand a squeeze.

"I've been fine. Thanks." He answers briskly and then turns to his band, striking up a conversation that he hopes Jade hears. "Yeah, totally! That one chick from the uh, where were we? The Cinderella premier! In LA yeah, well get this, the make-up artist was all over me, mates. Un-fucking-believable!" He says and his friends fist bump and tell him he scored.

"What a ladies man." Perrie laughs into Jade's ear and Jade smiles, though she wasn't sure what Perrie was talking about. She figured it had something to do with the douche sitting next to her. Jade pulled Perrie closer to her, wrapping her arms around Perrie's waist to have a firmer hold on the younger girl as she watched Zayn and Louis discuss things with the director of the video. "Do you think Louis will like the idea?"

"I dunno, but he's into film I'm just... singing." Jade says, laughing softly, pecking Perrie's cheek and then kissing her shoulder.

"Look at you." Perrie laughs, keeping her voice low, "So over-affectionate."

"Yeah well, those fuckboys to the left of me were checking out your ass ealier." Jade grumbles, pulling Perrie closer-- if it was possible-- and squeezing her slightly.

"You're an idiot." Perrie laughs.

"No. Just... you're mine." Jade pouts and Perrie smiles down at her sweetly.

"All yours, baby. No worries."

"I love you." Jade says and Perrie smiles softly, pulling Jade into a kiss.

"I love you too."

---

Jade walked into the small coffee shop and smiled at the cashier kindly, "I need three coffees, one black, and the other two hazelnut." Jade says and the cashier nods and takes the rest of her order and in a few minutes it's ready. After giving a generous tip, Jade walks out to meet Perrie and Ashton in the car. "Black for you, and another one for you. It's sweet, just like you." Jade smiles, kissing Perrie on the cheek when the younger girl's dimple appeared from her smiling.

"So, where are we headed?"

"I was thinking just a walk around the place would be nice? Is that okay with you, Ashton?" Jade asks and Ashton nods. They had been forced to bring Ashton along on what was supposed to be an all-day date but Zayn insisted it would make them seem like friends to the public.

"Yeah, totally. Thanks for the coffee."

"Yeah, black? What's up with that?" Perrie laughs slightly and Ashton grins.

"Black is strong! I've been running on black coffee for ages! This shit wakes you up fast." Ashton laughs, feeling himself relax for once. It wasn't that he didn't enjoy his time with his band but sometimes it just felt too forced, and Perrie seemed genuine. "But, hazelnut? Really? You seemed more like a pumpkin-spice latte kinda gal." He laughs and so does Perrie.

"Those are seasonal." She sighs defeated. Ashton smiles and turns to Jade who's watching their exchange carefully and when they both look at her, she smiles. "Which way, bae?" Perrie asks nonchalantly and Jade gives the girl a questioning look. "What? It rhymed!" Jade rolls her eyes, tangling her fingers with Perrie's and point to all the stores in front of them.