Six

Emma's P.O.V.

"I am completely and utterly exhausted," I tell Harry who's carrying all of our suitcases and bags inside from the car. After our two-week honeymoon in Italy, Harry and I decided to stay another two days in London with Anne before heading back to LA, where we are now.

"Yeah, I'm spent," Harry sighs, dragging our bags up the stairs to our bedroom. If I didn't know better, I would have offered to help him, but knowing Harry I won't be lifting anything heavier than a feather while I'm pregnant.

"Would you actually put those in a guest room, and we can take a nap before unpacking?" I ask Harry, following him up the stairs.

"A nap sounds amazing, darling," Harry responds slowly, letting me know how tired he really is. Neither of us slept the entirety of the 11-hour flight, we were too anxious about our first appearance in public as a married couple all while trying to hide my belly. Harry and I have been off of social media since the wedding so Jeff told us he would let us know if any 'rumors' start spreading that we should be concerned about. I'm so glad that Harry has Jeff—in this business Harry could have very well ended up with a bad manager but we really couldn't have asked for anyone better.

"Ughhhh," Harry groans dramatically as he lays down on the bed.

"Are you just going to lay on top of the covers in the middle of the bed?" I joke and allow him to roll over so I can at least get under the blanket on my side.

"Aren't you going to join me?" I turn towards Harry who's still flat on his back, staring at the ceiling.

"I forgot how hot it is in LA," is all he responds with.

"You weren't the one wearing the oversized black hoodie," I attempt to lighten the mood, but Harry doesn't budge. "Are you feeling okay, Harry?"

"Yeah, I'm just going to take a shower in attempt to cool off," he begins to get up from the bed, "Then I promise I'll nap with you," he adds.

"Okay, I'll wait for you."

"No, you need to rest. I'll be quick," he tells me before leaving a lingering kiss on my lips and heading into the bathroom.

Within minutes the shower turns on and I'm left in a cold, empty bed. I try to fall asleep but no matter what I do, I can't get comfortable. After shifting around for what seems like forever, I check my phone to see that Harry has been in the shower for nearly half an hour now. I can still hear it running, so I get a little worried and make my way to the bathroom just to make sure he's okay.

"Harry?" I knock on the closed door but hear no response. When I enter the bathroom, I'm met with a gush of steam. He really has been in here for half an hour, it's so foggy I can barely make out his silhouette in the frosted glass. Unsure if he can hear me, I slowly slide the shower door open. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it definitely wasn't Harry standing under the faucet, crying into his hands.

"Harry baby, what's wrong?" I reach in to touch his shoulder but end up even more worried when he wipes his eyes and lifts his head to see me. I don't have a clue what's going through his head, so I decide to turn off the shower for him and help him out.

"Come here," I pull him into an embrace, his wet skin is scorching against mine. "Please tell me what's going on, you're scaring me Harry."

"I'm sorry," he whimpers, still not letting me inside his brain. It always hurts to see Harry upset, but I'm physically pained to see him in this state. I've never seen him like this before and I don't know what to do other than cry myself.

"Let me get your robe," I offer him a clean towel and go searching in our room for Harry's favorite robe. When I return, he's not as sopping wet, but tears still stain his cheeks.

"Harry-" I start but am interrupted by his gentle hand on my back, guiding me to our bed. He dresses in his robe and finally sits next to me, although still on top of the covers.

"I thought I could protect you, Em. I don't want to mess up or cause more stress for you," Harry never looks at me, just to his hands that rest lifelessly in his lap.

"Will you tell me what happened?" I reach for his arm just to feel him.

"Right before we took off Jeff sent me screenshots of some fans' tweets. They started off saying things like, 'Congrats on the wedding' which turned into, 'I can't wait for Hemma to have kids,' and then that sparked theories of you being pregnant. I didn't think much of it because it was just fans talking with one another and they didn't have proof. Well, when we landed in LAX, I saw that Jeff had sent me a picture someone took of us at Heathrow. He said he thinks we should be extra careful."

When Harry shows me the photo, I'm relieved. I was expecting the worst, but you can't even see my stomach at all. It's just of the two of us waiting to board. I'm holding my carryon and Harry is turned to me with his hand placed on my side, almost as if he's holding my stomach.

"Is this picture what's gotten you upset?" I ask him and he nods.

"Harry, sometimes I think your heart is too big. There's nothing in this photo that points to me being pregnant. Fans make up these theories all of the time. I'm not worried about this, so you shouldn't be either." I tell him gently, making sure he understands that everything is okay.

"I guess I'm just now putting everything into perspective," he says slowly, taking his time to choose his words. "You're right that this doesn't mean they know, it isn't even the first time they've done something like this. I think I'm more worried about what having a child is going to be like in regard to the media. Our child is no one's business but ours. And although I don't like it, I know that you can handle rumors and the occasional offensive article. I don't want to put my baby through that, though," he admits, defeated.

"It's going to be hard, but I don't think it will be as difficult as you think. It will be hard to cope with press and rumors, but I trust that we can keep our baby out of the spotlight. Come here," he finally lets me hold him and I think we've put a stop to his tears tonight.

"The fact that you are so emotionally connected and involved right now proves to me that you are already the best dad. With each day I see more of the dad in you come out, and it makes me love you even more. I didn't think that was possible, but I'm still learning new things about you."

"I don't deserve you, Em."

"Yes, you do. We both deserve each other, and we deserve this baby," I guide his right hand to my belly.

"I love you guys so much," Harry says, tearing up again.

"We love you too."

*

*

*

A/N: AWWWWW, this was super dramatic, but I think it's important to get to know Harry's role as a father :) Do you guys like drama? Personally, when I'm reading a fanfic, I get frustrated when there's too much fighting/suspense but maybe that's just me🤷🏻