Forty Four

Emma's P.O.V. Flashback to 2017

"Emma Emma, bo-bemma, banana-fana, fo femma, fee-fy-mo-memma, Emma!"

"Harryyyyy! Stop it!" I turn around to yell at Harry who's a few steps behind me with my duffel bag.

From the second I landed in London, Harry has been singing stupid songs about my name, non-stop. It's really only been about fifteen minutes, but it's getting annoying. We haven't seen each other in about a month because he's been in England for the holidays, so I understand he's really excited to see me, and I am too, but right now I'm the most nervous I've ever been in my life, which is saying something because I'm on anxiety meds, and I'm thinking in run-on sentences.

"Whaaat?" Harry whines, readjusting my bag on his shoulder.

"I swear if you don't stop singing, I'm going to change my name to something horrible that you won't be able to-"

"Oh, Emma!! Let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes. You've been lonely, you don't even know me, but I can feel you crying. Oh, Emma!!"

"That's it. I'm changing my name when I get home. And until then, you're not allowed to say my name at all," I bite my tongue to conceal my smile. I can't lie, changing Diana to Emma was pretty clever.

"What about when I introduce you to my family?" He pouts.

"Nope," I shake my head.

"Not even when we're making-"

"I'm going to stop you right there," I put my hand up to prevent him from talking about our sex-life in front of everyone at Heathrow Airport.

"Well if I can't call you Emma, what am I supposed to call you! Emily, Emerson, Emerald, Emmett, Emmy—I know how much you like that one," he smirks because he knows I hate it.

"Shut up," I roll my eyes.

"Em."

"What?"

"You responded to it! Hello Em, I'm Harry. It's nice to meet you," he sticks out his right hand like he's asking for a handshake, but I ignore him. He's acting like a literal child right now and I can't deal with it. I get that he's trying to distract me from the fact that I'm meeting his family for literally the first time, but this is not the way to do it.

"Okay then," he withdraws his hand, and we start walking towards the exit again.

"Em. My girlfriend, Em. I love my girlfriend Em. I'm so excited to introduce my girlfriend Em to my family. Em, Em, Em," he talks to himself out loud, getting used to the new "nickname."

I don't even know what to say to him anymore, so I stop in my tracks to glare at him.

"Okay, okay, okay," he laughs, "I'll stop. But seriously, I'm so fucking happy that you're here... Em."

"I am too," I smile and stand on my toes to reach his lips. Despite the bag thrown across his shoulder, Harry wraps his arms around me and hums into the kiss. He tries to deepen it, but I pull away before he forces his tongue down my throat.

"As much as I would love to make out with you like we're horny teenagers, we should at least get to the car first," I wink and spin around to jog out of the airport and into the parking lot.

Harry is right behind me the entire time. I don't look back, but I can hear him struggling to get his keys to unlock the car.

"I swear to god, these bloody keys," he mumbles as he fiddles with his pocket so he can throw my bag into the trunk and get going.