Thirty Four

Emma's P.O.V. January 26th

My favorite moments are mornings like this one when for the first hour or so of being awake, Charlie, Harry, and I are all snuggled in our bed together. It's peaceful and warm, and if we could I know the three of us would stay in this position forever. But today we have to finish packing to go back to LA tomorrow morning.

For the past week and a half, it's been just the three of us. Once everyone went back home it took us a bit to adjust to our new little family life, but now we're settled and have really been enjoying our time together without the busyness that comes with housing five guests for weeks on end.

Harry also made sure I had a relaxing birthday celebration which was sweet. Anne watched Charlie while Harry took me out to a very overpriced but romantic French restaurant. Afterwards we celebrated at home with Charlie eating cake, drinking champaign, and watching Beauty and the Beast, my favorite movie.

Harry and Charlie (he made a point to include her) gifted me a bath kit and two reservations to a luxury spa in LA. He said they could be used on two separate occasions or for two people like a couples spa. He wasn't sure if I'd want to go alone or if I'd want his company. I know he'd appreciate a spa day too, so I'm sure we'll end up going together.

"Charlie! Guess what?" Harry lays on his side with Charlie between us as he speaks to her. "We're going home to California tomorrow," he smiles and tickles her belly, "You're going to love it there. I can't wait to show you your new room Daddy put together."

I just watch and observe Harry's adorable interactions with Charlie, like when he blows raspberries on her tummy, repeatedly kisses her chubby cheeks, and sings silly songs he makes up while moving her stubby arms like they're dancing.

"Alright, stinky. Let's go change your nappy! Say goodbye to Mummy," Harry sits up and holds Charlie so that she's stomach down to see me. He gently lowers her, so her mouth meets my cheek in a kiss-like manner and then proceeds to exit the room, carrying her like she's flying and of course making airplane noises.

I spend a few more minutes cuddled under the warm blankets before I get out of bed to shower and get ready for a day of packing.

We don't have much food for breakfast since we didn't go to the grocery store last week, so I toast bagels for Harry and I and cut up the best looking fruit I can find in the fridge. I move Charlie's swing to the kitchen so I can prepare our breakfasts while Harry showers. As I'm putting our plates together, I get a call from Anne.

"Hello, Anne. How are you this morning?" I answer and put the phone on speaker so it can sit on the counter.

"I'm doing well, how you are?" Anne speaks in her always chipper tone.

"I'm not looking forward to packing and the flight tomorrow, but other than that we're all doing well. Harry's in the shower right now but I'm sure he'll be down in a minute. We're about to have breakfast."

"Oh, well I called to ask if you wanted to come over for tea or perhaps go out for brunch. I'd really love to see you all one more time before you leave tomorrow."

We said our goodbyes to Gemma, Michal, and Anne yesterday, but I don't blame Anne for wanting to see her granddaughter one last time before who knows when next.

"That sounds like a perfect plan," I tell Anne, "I didn't fix much for breakfast anyway since we're basically out of food."

"Wonderful! How does 10:30 sound? We can meet at a café between us."

"10:30 is fine. I'll tell Harry and then text you the details."

"Okay, I'll see you then! I can't wait," I can vision Anne's bright smile as she speaks, and it makes my heart warm that I have such a loving mother-in-law. I end the call and have a one-sided conversation with Charlie until Harry is ready.