Thirty Six

*Content warning* if you're uncomfortable reading mature sexual content, please skim/skip the ending of the chapter.

Harry's P.O.V. February 1st

"Happy birthday, Superman," is the first thing Annie says as she opens the door for us to enter her apartment.

"Thank you-"

"Annie!" Em squeals when she sees her best friend. It's only been a few weeks since we've seen her last, so feel like they're playing the reunion up a bit.

"Charlie, I can't believe how much you've grown!" Annie talks to Charlie who's still being held by Em.

"I know, she's getting so big so fast," Em frowns a little and then proceeds to kiss Charlie on the cheek before giving her off for me to hold. "Everything you need is in the diaper bag. Bottles, formula, diapers, wipes, rash cream, extra clothes, toys, blankets, pacifiers," Em lists off basically everything in the bag while Annie half-way pays attention.

"I would ask Charlie to spit up on your expensive Italian jacket, but since it's your birthday I'll save that comment for another occasion," Annie says as she watches me catch the drool from Charlie's mouth in my hand, so it doesn't land on my Gucci jacket.

"You're just jealous," I stick my tongue out at her.

"Alright, children. That's enough," Em jokes and gives Annie a few last-minute tips so we can head off to our date.

"No, no, no," Em stops me from getting back in the driver's seat. "I'm taking you out on a date, so I drive."

"Okay," I put my hands up as a surrender. Em has been very particular about how she wants things to go tonight so I don't argue when tells me to sit shotgun.

"CUT Lounge?" I read from the car's GPS out loud. "That's a really nice place. What's the occasion? A certain special someone's birthday, perhaps?"

"Oh, shut up you narcissist. You take me out to a lot of luxurious restaurants, so I wanted to return the favor. Plus, we haven't been here in a really long time," Em explains.

"Want to know a secret?" I put my elbow on the center console so I can lean closer to Em.

"What?" Em is unamused.

"No, I'm being serious," I tell her, and this time she turns her head for a quick second to acknowledge me before giving the road her attention again.

"Do you remember the last time we were here?" I ask.

"It was sometime on a break from your last tour, wasn't it?"

"Correct. It was around this time of year, and I had planned an extra special date for us that night."

"I remember," she smirks, probably remembering our activities that followed dinner rather than the actual dinner itself.

"Get your mind out of the gutter," I joke with her. "Do you remember anything else about that night? Something having to do with the actual restaurant, not our bedroom?"

"Umm," she pretends to think for a while, "you did seem very nervous. I think you told me how bad you felt about having to leave me for a few weeks to go on tour while I had to stay in LA for bookings."

"Well, I lied to you. I was actually planning on proposing that night," I smile at her.

"Shut up, you were not!" Em smiles back at me.

"I really was! I had the restaurant clear a space for us so that there wouldn't be others seated around us. It took a lot of planning, but I ended up chickening out. I blamed it on how well our conversation was going, and the fact that you kept commenting on how fucking nervous I was acting. The next morning, I called Jeff in a panic because I thought I had fucked up."