Twenty Two

Harry's P.O.V. December 2nd

I don't think I've ever been so nervous to drive—not even when I was first learning—but Em is currently sitting in the back seat with Charlie as I cautiously drive us home.

"Harry, why are going to slow? People are honking," I glance at Em through the mirror for a quick second.

"I'm just being careful," I defend myself.

"I don't know who's more of a baby, you or Daddy," Em whispers to Charlie who's asleep. She's slept for most of the morning, but that means she'll probably be awake in the afternoon, the only time Em and I will have to nap today.

Only a few minutes later we arrive at home and I use Charlie's carrier to bring her inside.

"Welcome home, Charlie," I speak to my daughter as she opens her eyes.

"Look who's awake!" I tickle her belly and unbuckle her from the carrier. Picking her up, I begin walking around the house, showing her all of the rooms. She actually can't see very far yet, but I'll just pretend she comprehends what I'm doing.

We walk all throughout the house, from the kitchen to the dining room and living room, the guest rooms, Em and I's room, even the bathrooms, but we finish the tour in her room, "this is your bed, and this is your closet where we'll hang your Gucci onesies, and this is where I'll change your dirty nappies, and this is where I'll sing you to sleep, and this-"

"Babe, what are you doing?"

I turn around and see Em is standing in the doorway. She changed into something comfier as soon as we got home, so she's wearing an old pair of my sweatpants and a t-shirt now.

"I'm showing her around," I say obviously.

"You two are pretty cute," she admits and pulls her phone out of her pocket to take a picture of us. When Em shows me the photo, I'm smiling at the camera, but Charlie is looking directly up to me.

"She's a daddy's girl already," Em sighs and puts her phone away.

"I don't see the issue with that," I smirk and then hand Charlie off to Em so she can feed her.

"Are you jealous?" Em catches me staring as she rocks Charlie who's currently attached to her nipple.

"That my daughter is hogging your boobs or that I can't feed her?" I ask.

"You wish you could breastfeed her?" Em laughs.

"That's not really what I meant."

"Sure, okay," Em makes fun of me.

***

"UNCLE HARRY!" Jamie and Mason's faces appear on my phone screen.

"Helloooo!" I smile back at the boys. I swear Mason has doubled in size since we last saw them in September. Jamie is still small, but I can tell he's grown too.

"Daddy said you brought Charlie home today?" Jamie asks first.

"We did. Do you want to see her?" I start walking from the kitchen to the living room where Em is watching Friends and holding Charlie.

"Yes!" they both yell out.

I sit down next to Em and hold the phone out so that they can see both Em and Charlie.

"Hi boys!" Em tries to be enthusiastic, but I know she's kind of frustrated right now. Charlie spent the last half hour crying and refusing to breastfeed. I tried calming the two of them, but we ended up having to give her a bottle.