Forty One

Harry's P.O.V. May 9th, Charlie 5 months

"Good morning, Charlie-bean!" I snuck out of bed earlier than usual this morning to take care of Charlie, so Em doesn't have to or feel obligated to.

"You're so snuggly this morning," I hold her warm body upright against my chest and shoulder as she nuzzles her head into my neck. I breathe in her baby scent and cuddle her a bit longer until I remember that she needs a new nappy.

"Guess what today is, Charlie?" I talk to her to calm her squirming on the changing table.

"It's Mother's Day! Today is aaaall about Mummy," I play with her tiny feet after I've put a clean nappy on her.

"What should you wear today, Bean?" I pick her up and carry her to the dresser and closet. I look through her onesies until I come across one that I forgot about purchasing. If I'm honest, there are many onesies that I bought before Charlie was born and forgot about. Em told me I had a problem, and I'm slowly realizing that she was right.

"This one is perfect! And you will look gorgeous in it," I bop her nose and she smiles.

"You have such a pretty smile! And such cute dimples," I pepper her face with kisses while I lay her back down on the changing table.

The onesie is a little big on her, but I dress her in leggings over the outfit to keep her little legs warm.

"You must be hungry, Bean," I talk with her some more while we head downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast.

By the time Charlie's been fed and I finish making breakfast for Em, she's slept in an hour longer than usual, so I feel like it's okay to wake her. We don't have an alarm unless we have somewhere to be because Charlie is our alarm, however I am surprised that Em has slept in this late.

"Let's go wake Mummy!" I whisper to Charlie and hold her on one side while I use my other arm to carry Em's plate of breakfast.

Very carefully, I push the door open and tip toe to the bed. I set the plate on my bedside table first, and then sit on the bed with Charlie on my lap.

"Good morning, darling," I say with a kiss to her temple and sweep her hair out of her face to tuck behind her ear.

She stirs a bit but then rolls onto her back with an adorable, sleepy smile.

"Good morning," she stretches and reaches for Charlie.

"Happy Mother's Day, love," I tip my head down to kiss Em as I lay Charlie on her chest.

"Thank you," she smiles more.

"Charlie, say 'Happy Mother's Day, Mummy!'" I mimic what a baby would sound like which gets a laugh out of Em.

"We made you breakfast," I show her the food, "And Charlie's already had her milk for the morning, so you don't need to worry about that."

"It smells amazing," she turns her head to see the waffles, strawberries, and plant-based maple sausage. "Did you help Daddy make all this?"

"Well, she helped by keeping me company," I say.

"Thank you, baby. And thank you, Charlie," Em kisses all over her face until Charlie laughs. She just started laughing this week and it's the most adorable thing she's done so far. Em and I are constantly making faces and talking in silly voices to get her to laugh.

Emma's P.O.V. May 10th

"Yeah, Harry made it really special," I blush as I tell Annie and my realtor, Terra, about my first Mother's Day yesterday.