Thirty Seven

Emma's P.O.V. February 26th

"I'm just saying, we shouldn't throw the idea out the window!" Harry exclaims as his voice raises an octave in pitch.

This entire argument is my fault. I never should have stopped Harry from using a condom on his birthday, and it's triggered a series of events that I wasn't prepared to deal with so early on.

"If it happens, it happens," Harry shrugs.

"Well obviously! But I want to take all precautions for it not to happen."

"You're on birth control, I just don't get why we need the condoms," Harry restates his argument, again.

"Harry, how do you think we got pregnant the first time? I was still taking my birth control, yet we got pregnant anyway. The point of us using condoms is to prevent pregnancy. And I don't want to be pregnant again! Not for a while at least."

"What does 'a while' mean?" he asks.

"I don't know, oh my god, Harry. How many times do I have to tell you that? At least a couple years, maybe less maybe more, I don't know."

"Years?" he emphasizes the 's'.

"Do we really have to have this conversation right now? I mean seriously, give me some sympathy. The last thing I want to think about right now is being pregnant and giving birth again."

"Fine, whatever. We'll use condoms and whenever that day comes when we're completely unprepared again, we'll do it all over. I don't care," he says dismissively and plops down on the couch.

"Don't be like that," I plead, "We'll come back to this conversation later, but the point of having the conversation at all is to prevent surprises."

Harry takes a deep breath, "I think I'm going to call Mitch and see what he's up to. I need to get out of the house, we've been cooped up inside for too long."

"Okay, but can you please not leave still angry with me?"

"I'm not angry," Harry sighs and scoots closer to me on the couch. "I'm sorry, I'm frustrated but it's honestly not that big of a deal. Like I said, we've been stuck inside doing practically nothing for so long. I need some fresh air."

"You're right. As much as I love getting to spend so much time with you and Charlie, we need our space. You should see Mitch; it's been a while."

Less than an hour later after our mini argument, Harry is gone doing whatever with Mitch and I'm looking for things to do at the house while Charlie is napping.

I could get back into work again, I'm still on that break from the wedding/pregnancy. I guess I was "working" for a bit right before Charlie was born, but I didn't get much done. I wanted to rebrand for my reopening after the birth, but I didn't get enough done, and then I had the idea of expanding my business entirely.

One of my friends from college just recently opened her own company, and honestly, it would be a great business decision for me. I'd just have to rent an office building, maybe even purchase, or build one, hire some employees, figure out how to pay them, and then I won't have to do everything by myself. Now that I think about it, that is a lot of work, and I'm sure I'm missing some things too. But I think I can do it. It's also a great project to work on from home since I'm not ready to leave Charlie yet. I can't believe that most women in the US go back to work after only two months post-birth.

While I know Charlie will still be asleep for a good half hour longer, I take this time to call my friend Rosaline for some advice.

"Emma? It's been so long, how are you!" she picks up after only a few rings. The last time we spoke was at the wedding unless you count a congratulations text on Charlie's birth.