Forty Three

Things are gonna git a bit ~spicy~ if you know what I mean ;)
Consider this your warning

And you'll really want to read the A/N

Emma's P.O.V. Charlie 7 months

"Charlie! I have your favorite!!! CARROTS!"

I can't believe how cheerful he can be with her sometimes. We've spent all morning playing, giggling, and learning, but as soon as it was time for Charlie to eat, her mood plummeted. She normally loves mealtime, but today all she wants to do is play.

She's just started to rock back and forth on her hands and knees, which is the first sign for learning how to crawl, but she's already able to maneuver around the room like a little rollie pollie.

Rolling and scooting around the living room floor has become her favorite activity lately. Last week she started pulling herself up from her tummy to her bottom so she can sit on her own now, too. It makes me a little sad that she doesn't need our support to sit anymore, but I am proud of how strong she's getting. Plus, this means she can play with more toys now, like the baby-sized, pink, sparkly piano Elton John gifted us.

Yeah, I might have cried when we opened it...

"Baby, there's a package on the porch. Can you get it please?" I whisper to Harry as I walk past him to carefully tiptoe up the stairs and put Charlie in her crib. She fell asleep in her swing which is dangerous, so I'm putting her down for an early nap.

"Sure, babe," he kisses my temple and smiles down at Charlie who's fast asleep in my arms.

I successfully lay Charlie down without her waking, which is a miracle, and leave the door cracked open before heading back downstairs. When I get to the main floor, I look around for Harry and find him in the dining room with a 2-foot-wide square box on the table and an opened card sitting on top.

"Emmy, you are not going to believe this," Harry rushes his sentence and picks up the card to hand to me with wide eyes.

Sensing his excitement, I quickly walk around the table to meet him on the other side and take the very expensive looking card from his hand, which reads:

Dearest Emma and Harry,

Congratulations on becoming parents! I know how exciting this time is, but also how exhausting and scary it can be. However, I fully believe that you two will be the best parents to your little one, and I wish you all the best.

I hope someday I get to meet her, but in the meantime here is a little something to get her started on the right path.

Love,
Elton

"ELTON! AS IN ELTON JOHN?!!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!" Harry is right, I canNOT believe Elton fucking John sent us a gift. I don't even know what it is, but I already love it.

"I know!!" he jumps in enthusiasm and then notices the tears welling in my eyes, so he laughs. He laughs at me!

"Don't laugh, you know how much I love him," I tell Harry and he apologizes. I really do love Elton. Harry has met him a few times, which I am incredibly jealous of, but I have yet to.

"We gotta open it! I'll get the scissors," he scurries off to find the closest pair of scissors to open the large box.

"Harry! Don't run with scissors!"

"Sorry," he laughs and slows down a bit, "I'm excited."

"So am I, GAH! What do you think it is?" I take the scissors and start slicing through the tape.