Twenty Four

Emma's P.O.V. December 16th

Word hasn't gotten out about Charlie's birth yet, so it's been a good week so far. Annie, Jared, Mason, and Jamie all got to the house last night. It was wonderful to see them after so long, but they're all catching up on sleep right now. Harry is out for a run so it's just Charlie and I right now. Mom is in her guest room on the phone with George trying to figure out his flight. Annie and Jared are asleep in their respective rooms, and Mason and Jamie are supposedly asleep in their rooms, but Jamie might be with Jared.

It's oddly quiet for how many people are here, but I'm enjoying the time alone with Charlie as I try to play with her. There's only so much she can do right now, so I mostly just make funny faces and play with her rattles and other toys.

"Knock, knock," I look up to see Annie standing in the doorway.

"Look, Charlie! It's Aunt Annie," I pick up Charlie's small hand to wave, but it doesn't work very well because she just clings to my finger.

"Hello Charlie!" Annie scoops Charlie into her arms and kisses all over her chubby little cheeks, "How are you this morning?"

"She's been a little fussy since Harry left but she seems alright now," I say.

"Aw, you miss Mr. Superman?" Annie holds Charlie who of course doesn't respond.

"How are you?" Annie looks to me and I stand up from where I've been sitting on the floor with Charlie.

"Really happy now that you're all here," I smile.

"But?"

"But, what?"

"Harry told me what's been going on. Do you want to talk about it?"

"There's nothing really to say," I tell her.

"You sure?" she asks.

"The last I heard from Jeff was that the guy who's been taking our photos is a retired photographer. He's technically not with the paparazzi so Harry's court order doesn't apply to him, but it's not even like we've seen the guy. We're still not sure how they found out we were going to London or about Charlie."

"They're all just jealous that their dad isn't Harry Styles and they're not as adorable as you," she speaks to Charlie. Sometimes Annie acts like she hates Harry (in a friendly way) and other times she acts like an obsessive fan. I think she just does it to mess with him, but then I'm reminded how she found out we were first dating.

Five years ago

"Your phone's ringing. Want me to get it?" Annie asks as I finish painting the nails on my right hand.

"Who is it?"

"Who's Harry?" Annie asks.

Shit, I still haven't told her. Harry and I have only been on three dates, and of course I was planning on telling her, but I wanted to wait a little and see how things played out.

"Just a guy I've been seeing, don't answer it. I'll call him back," I tell her.

"Uh, bitch! Tell me more!"

"We've only been on three dates and he's really sweet, but he doesn't live here so I'm not sure if it'll work out," I explain as vaguely as I can. I still haven't had time to think about how I'm going to tell her I've been going on dates with Harry Styles.

Annie and I were fans of One Direction when they first started but as we've gotten older, we kind of grew out of that boyband phase. I know that she'll freak out though. Hell, I freaked out when I met him for the first time, and then to make matters worse he asked me on a date.