Fifty

Emma's P.O.V.       December 1st

Anne: Leaving the airport now!

Anne: Can't wait to see you all soon!

Gemma: Mum, you've said that about twenty times already.

Emma: We're excited too!!

Harry: Don't be rude Gemma :p

Annie: Omg I can't believe I'm in a gc with THE Anne Twist😍

Anne: What's a gc?

Gemma: Group Chat

Harry: Group Chat

Gemma: HA!

Harry: I could make you sleep on the couch you know

Emma: And I can make YOU sleep on the couch while Gem and I share a bed

Harry: Never mind

Harry: Sorry

Harry: I love you Gem

Annie: 🙄

"You wouldn't really replace me with my sister, right?" Harry walks out of the bathroom in a towel carrying his hair dryer.

"Of course not," I say, digging through my jewelry drawer for the necklace my mom gave me when Charlie was born.

"Have you seen my necklace? I swear I just put it here the other day," I go through each individual box in case I put it in the wrong one.

"Oh, I had it cleaned yesterday. It's sitting on your nightstand," Harry tells me while he plugs in the dryer.

I look behind me and find the small white box that holds my necklace when I'm not wearing it, but there's an envelope underneath it as well.

I clasp the jewelry around my neck and then unfold the blank envelope to find a neatly folded piece of paper from Harry's journal.

Em,
I can't believe our daughter is one year old today. It's been a hectic 12 months, more than that really, but I wouldn't change anything for the world. I have loved every second of being a parent with you to our lovely, sweet little Bean.
When I took your necklace to be cleaned yesterday, I saw a ring that I just had to get for you. It's not much, and it's similar to your necklace, but I hope you like it.
Love,
H xxx

"Harry," I spin around to find him, but he's already right there next to me.

"I know, I know, I have a gift-giving problem, but I hope you can forgive me for this one," he defends himself, but for once I wasn't going to get on him about over-spending.

"No, I was going to say I love it," I look down at the ring with Charlie's initial and birthstone, "and that I got you something too."

"You got me something too?" he looks surprised, which I sort of expected. My love language is more touch and words of affirmation. I have trouble coming up with gift ideas most of the time, but this one just sort of came to me.

"Yeah, I did," I smile and search through my nightstand drawer for the box I've been hiding for a few weeks.

"That is a terrible hiding place, love," Harry laughs because it takes me three seconds to locate the gift. "Seriously, if I had any reason to open that drawer I would have found and opened that immediately."

"Shut up, I'm not as good at this as you are."

"I'm kidding," he conceals a smile as I pass him the long skinny velvet box. "What is it?"