Twenty Three

Emma's P.O.V. December 8th

Up until an hour ago, Harry, my mom, Gemma, Anne, and I were "celebrating" Charlie's one week birthday. Up until an hour ago I was relatively stress free, tired due to being a new mom, but happy overall. Up until an hour ago, I wasn't concerned about my child's safety. Up until an hour ago, no one except our family bubble knew that Charlie was born.

One hour ago...

"Jeff's calling, I'll be right back," Harry steps out of the living room for a second.

Charlie is being held while her Nan and Grandma gush over her, and Gemma and I have been talking about her new podcast.

"Emma," Harry calls for me when he comes back into the room after only being gone a minute or two. Gemma's brows shoot up at me; everyone knows Harry doesn't call me Emma.

I follow Harry into the kitchen where two chairs are pulled out and his phone is set on the small breakfast table, still on the call with Jeff.

"What happened?" I ask, knowing something bad must be up since Jeff needs me on the phone and Harry is calling me by my name.

"Harry told you about how I talked to a girl from TMZ, and she told me someone had been selling your information and pictures, right?" Jeff asks and I nod.

"Yeah, he did," I verbally confirm.

"Well, she's a lot nicer than I thought because she just emailed me saying someone told them that Charlie was born last week, and they already have an article written and ready to post anytime now. I didn't confirm what she said was true, but we had a sort of mutual agreement that this person has been giving them accurate information."

"You're fucking kidding. How? What-"

"I don't know, Emma. I'm sorry, I'm still trying to figure it out but apparently this person signed a contract with them and what the girl is telling me is already basically a breach of that," Jeff explains, and Harry is quiet. Obviously having already heard this, he just frowns down at the table with his chin in his hand.

"I don't understand," I breathe heavily, desperately not wanting to cry, "What do we do? Harry, what do-"

"I don't know," Harry says dismissively. I try not to let his tone bother me because I know he's just as upset over this as I am, but that doesn't mean it's okay for him to talk to me like that.

"Shit, I'm sorry Em. I didn't mean to come off like that," Harry rubs my back and it sort of works to calm me.

"May I?" Jeff speaks up and Harry lets him talk. "I emailed her back and asked how much time we may have or if there is anything she can to do delay the article, but she hasn't responded. As of now, it looks like you have two options. You could ignore the article and any rumors that come of it, or you could announce Charlie's birth before it comes out. The thing is, it could come out in three days or it could come out in the next few minutes."

"What do you want to do?" I ask Harry.

"I want her to stay ours for as long as she can," he says honestly, "What's the worst that could happen if we do nothing?"

"I don't know what the article says, but it's obviously going to attract more attention to you and your family. Your fans are mostly respectful, but there are always those few that take things to the extreme," Jeff says.

"Let's just," I pause to deliberate if this is actually the route I want to take, "Yeah, let's just leave it alone for now. As much as I want to keep her in our little bubble, I'm more worried about stopping whoever is invading our privacy than stopping the world from knowing about our lovely, extremely adorable daughter."