Twenty Seven

Harry's P.O.V.        December 21st

I paid Tristan yesterday, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet. Well, she didn't tell me directly, but Jeff messaged this morning that he discovered the guy. I didn't tell him I paid Tristan though...

Jeff: Found the motherfucker! He's a retired pap from the LA area... sounds like a shitty life to be honest. I'll contact your lawyer for you and work on a restraining order. Tell Emma everything's going to be taken care of.

Harry: Thanks Jeff.  I'll be sure to tell her.

I update Em on what Jeff had to say and she's relieved, but now we have to go through all of the court procedures to make sure we stay safe. I'm really not looking forward to that part, but it will be worth it in the end.

Em and I talked last night, and we're going to surprise the boys by taking them sledding today. Mum still has our old sleds, as well as a few newer ones that I'll borrow. Jillian and Mum also said they'd watch Charlie if we went out for a few hours, and I think it will be nice for the two of us to spend some time away from the house.

"Nan's here!" Jamie notices my mum's car outside. It's precious how Jamie and Mason are so quick to welcome people into their family. I told them that they didn't have to call my mum Nan, or my sister Auntie Gemma, like Charlie will, but they insisted. I think they're excited to have such a big family now, especially because not even a year ago they didn't have any family besides the three of them.

I was worried that Jamie may get too overwhelmed with the amount of new people around the house, but we're outnumbered by women and I think he finds comfort in their motherly qualities. The boys haven't even been here for six whole days yet and the only person Jamie is hesitant around is George.

While Jamie mostly ignores him or spends time in another room while he's here, I've enjoyed getting to George for the most part. He's a little odd perhaps, but everyone has their quirks. We mostly talk about music since we happen to have pretty much the exact same music taste. He admitted to me the other day that Stevie Nicks has been his "celeb crush" for decades and was especially surprised to hear that she's a good friend of mine. After that, he wouldn't stop asking questions about her or really any of my friends in the industry. I understand his curiosity, but it got old after a little while. I would much prefer to talk about the artist's work rather than if I know them personally.

Speaking of George, he also just happened to arrive right behind my mum.

"My mum's going to watch Charlie while your aunt and I take you out for a surprise," I tell Jamie and he reaches upwards for me to pick him up.

"A surprise! Is Mason coming?" Jamie clings to me.

"He is. Is that okay?"

"Yeah. What about Daddy?" he asks.

"Your dad has to get some work done today, so it's just you, Mason, Aunt Emma, and me. Sound good?" I tell Jamie.

"Mhm. Can I know what the surprise is?"

"No," I smile at his little pout, "but you can run upstairs and put on some long socks. Tell your brother, too." Jamie says a quick, "ok," and then I set him down so he can get ready to go soon.

Just as I hear Jamie calling out for his brother, both my mum and George are walking through the door and chatting a bit.

"Hi Mum, hi George," I greet them at the front door.

"Hello, Harry. Jillian said these two were watching Charlie for a few hours," he references to my mum and Jillian who's just come from the living room, "Hope it's alright if I hang out for a bit as well."