Twenty Nine

Emma's P.O.V. December 29th

Annie and I are flipping through a cookbook planning on what groceries we need to get for the week when we hear a loud bang from upstairs. My first thought goes to Charlie who's asleep in my mom's arms the next room over, then to boys who are playing peacefully in their room, but quickly after Harry's voice deep voice beams throughout the house.

"What the fuck was that?" Annie looks up.

"I'll go see," I sigh and start my tread up the stairs.

"Harry?" I call out to him and gasp at the site before me.

"What the hell?"

Harry's P.O.V. Earlier that day...

After I called Jeff on Christmas I tried to forget about our stalker, and it worked for the most part. That was until two days ago when TMZ released the photos from the ice-skating park, along with a poorly written article that I didn't care to read. I do know that they mentioned Jared and the boys. Thankfully they don't know the boys' names, but they brought up Jared's regretful past—information which they have no business knowing in the first place.

I've tried to give Jeff space because I know he's working way too much during the holiday, but with every day I grow more and more anxious. Em and I discussed how we felt about the situation, and we pretty much agreed that it's upsetting, I'm not to blame, we need to protect our family but not let it affect our lives, and this guy deserves to rot in hell.

We also both apologized profusely to Jared on separate occasions. He was annoyed that the boys were dragged into the mess, but there were no hard feelings. Jamie and Mason did get to go skating again, but they went alone with their dad this time.

Jeff called this morning and said that the guy and his lawyer have been contacted, and that he'll send me some paperwork to read through and sign later today.

"Jeff called," I find Em busying herself in Charlie's room.

"Is this a good thing?" she asks.

"He said the guy and his lawyer have been contacted and we'll be receiving some paperwork to go through soon," I tell her as I look through all of the adorable onesies Em folds to put in the closet.

"Great. Do we know how long this will take until it's all over with?"

"I don't know, I'll ask when I talk to Jeff next."

"Okay. We need to go to the store today or tomorrow. Is there anything you'd like? Annie is downstairs making a list," Em says.

"Uh, nothing that I can think of. Can I trust her to pick out our groceries?"

"You're right, I'll go down and help her. Do you mind finishing this?" She gestures to the gift bags and laundry scattered around the room.

"I'll take care of it," I assure her, and she rises to the tips of her toes to kiss my cheek on her way out.

I take my time putting away Charlie's clothes, looking at each one and reorganizing them in different orders in her drawers—my favorites in the front and the plain ones in the back. Just as I start to sort through the gift bags, my phone vibrates notifying me of an email. Hoping it's Jeff, I check the screen and my wishes come true.

I get up from the floor and search the house for my laptop so I can download the paperwork. I'm always misplacing it, sometimes I think I left it in my office but then I'll find it on the breakfast bar later that day. I end up finding it on our bed and sit down to get this taken care of as quickly as possible.