Forty Two

Harry's P.O.V.        May 22nd, Charlie 5 ½ months

I passed the man again while I was on my run this morning. At first, I saw him pass by once or twice a week. Then it became three or four. Now, even if it's not directly in front of our house, I see him somewhere in the neighborhood every day. He used to smile and wave at me, I'd do the same back and sometimes ask how his day was going, but now he avoids eye contact at all costs and moves around very frantically.

I'm starting to agree with Em that this situation is not safe. If it was just me living here, I don't think I'd pay as much attention, but because of Em and especially Charlie, I'm worried.

"Good morning," I walk into the house after my run and hear the buzzing of the blender.

I go up to Em for a morning kiss, but she shoos me away saying, "You can have all the kisses you want after you've showered."

I quickly run upstairs for a shower and when I come back down, a smoothie is waiting for me on the counter and Em is in the living room with Charlie.

"Can I have my kiss now?" I bend over the back of the couch and pucker my lips.

"Yes," Em turns her head and smiles, pressing a loving kiss to my lips.

"What should we do today?" Em asks as I walk around the couch to take a seat on the cushion next to her but I pull her close to me so that she's practically on my lap.

I wrap my arms around her and poke Charlie's chubby cheeks while making funny faces until she smiles.

"Aren't the boys on summer break now?" I ask, still entertaining my daughter, but am interrupted by my phone ringing.

"It's Niall!" I smile, immediately answering the phone.

"Hey mate!"

"Harold! How are ya?" his accent rings through the phone loudly, making me pull it away from my ear so I put him on speaker.

"I'm doing great, what are you up to?"

"I don't know if you heard or not, but I have a new album out." I laugh, not surprised at all by his coyness.

"Yes, I am aware. I called to congratulate you, remember?"

"Haha. I do remember, thank you. Anyways, I know it's last minute, but I have a show tonight. I'd love for you and Emma to come. It'd be great to see you both," he offers, and when I look to Em she's nodding yes.

"We'd love to come. Are you at The Forum?"

"Yeah, The Forum. I won't be able to catch ya before the show so come backstage afterwards."

Not wanting to keep Niall too long, we work out the details for tonight and then I let him go so we can catch up later.

I get an idea while Em and I discuss who we should ask to watch Charlie tonight. I'd love for Niall to meet her, but a concert just isn't the right place.

"What about Jared?" I ask Em.

"We'll be out late. I don't know how that would work out with the boys," she says.

"What if they came with us?" I can't contain my smile thinking about taking the boys to their first concert and meeting Niall.

"Harry," Em sighs but I stop her before she can lecture me.

"Come on, I'm sure Jamie at least knows who he is. This will be fun! They've never been to a concert before, and perhaps by meeting Niall they'll be convinced to listen to the band."