Forty Six

This is a trigger warning for talk of domestic abuse. This chapter is not explicit, but if this is a difficult topic for you, please know your limits and skip what is triggering. I love and care about you all so please, please take care of yourselves <3

Harry's P.O.V. September 19th, Charlie 9 months

"Are you excited to go to Grandma's today?" I talk to Charlie while I dress her for the day.

"Mason and Jamie will be there! You're going to have so much fun," I push some shorts up her little legs to cover her nappy. Today I dressed Charlie in a light green dress patterned with daisies that really makes her darker green eyes pop.

"Your eyes are so pretty. You're so pretty, my little sunflower!" Charlie smiles and babbles while trying to crawl away.

"Come back here, little stinker. I'm trying to put socks on your tiny toes!" I scoop her up and sit her between my knees so I can finish putting her socks and shoes on. She squirms a little because she doesn't like the feeling of the shoes on her feet, but I leave them on because she can't crawl around as fast when she wears them. Em and I still have some more chores to do like packing Charlie's bag and making a grocery list before leaving for Jillian's, so it will be really helpful if we don't have to chase this one around the house.

Charlie and the boys are having a playdate with their grandma tonight, so Jared and Em and I are going out for dinner. Originally it was just going to be a date for the two of us, but Jillian suggested inviting the boys over so we figured we would invite Jared as well. We don't get to spend a lot of time with just Jared because the kids are always around, so I'm really looking forward to this.

"Chaaaarlie-bean. Charlie!" I get her attention, "Can you say, dada? Da-da-da-da-da-da," I sit on the floor with her for a bit longer, procrastinating finding her bag and finishing the load of laundry.

"Aahhh, pbpbpbff, pbpbpbff," She babbles a bit and then blows raspberries in my face.

"Dada, dada," I try again.

"Mmmmuh, mmm, mmm," she gets excited and starts clapping her hands together while bouncing on her bum.

"No! Don't say mummy!" I gasp and stop her before her first word is Mama and not Dada.

"Alright, Bean. I think it's time to get packing. If I let you play in your room, will you be a good girl?" Yesterday when we were playing in here, Charlie crawled over to the changing table when I wasn't looking and pulled all the diapers off the shelve underneath the table. She made quite a mess, and then began chewing on one which made it soggy and gross.

"Say, 'Yes Dada. I will be a good girl.'" I pick her up by the armpits and kiss her chubby, and slightly slobbery, cheeks, then place her back on the ground to play with some of her toys.

Charlie, like the good girl she is, stays out of trouble while Em and I finish our errands. When it's time to go, she only fusses a little, but when I put her in the car, I also hand her a few of her favorite toys to keep her busy.

"You look lovely," I glance over to Em on the drive to her mum's.

"Thank you," she hides a smile and then twists in her seat to watch Charlie for a second. Charlie's been very vocal lately, squealing when excited and mimicking our sounds when we play or talk with her. I also like to think she sings along to the music I play her.

Jared is already here with the boys when we arrive. They come running out to the driveway as soon as I open my door, yelling "Uncle Harryyyy!" and "Aunt Emmaaa!"