Twenty Five

Emma's P.O.V. December 18th

"George, it's great to see you again!" I welcome my mom and her boyfriend into the house. George checked into his hotel last night and my mom took a cab to pick him up this morning.

"It's wonderful to see you as well," George says, "Thank you for welcoming me into your home for the holidays."

"Of course! We love to have you here with us. Come inside! The rest of the family is in the living room," I tell him and the three of us head to the crowd that's gathered in the living room.

"Oh, Emma she's adorable!" George immediately spots Charlie.

"Thank you," I blush and then start to introduce everyone.

"This is my brother Jared and his two sons, Jamie and Mason,"

"Hello!" Mason looks up from the toys he's been playing with "for Charlie because she's not old enough yet."

"Hello," George greets the boys.

"I'm Annie," she stands to shake George's hand, "Jillian is practically my mother. Emma and I have been best friends since we were five."

"I've heard a lot about you," George smiles, "It's good to finally put a face to the name."

"And this is Charlie," I hold her for George to meet and of course he gushes over her. I'm probably biased, but she really is the most adorable baby ever.

"You look a lot like your mom," he says to her.

"I told you!" Harry speaks up but I just shake my head. I don't see many of my features in her yet. Her eyes are slowly turning green like Harry's, her hair is also getting curlier as it grows, although it's still a light brown, and she even has his dimples. Her nose is still a cute little button, but it sure does look like Harry's from the baby pictures I've seen of him.

"I don't see it," I tell them, and Annie says she agrees with me. She's all Harry's. I don't mind though. I happen think Harry is pretty cute too.

"George, it's nice to have you here," Harry stands to shake his hand next.

"The pleasure's mine. Thank you."

"How was your flight?" Harry asks and they start up a conversation about boring grown-up things. Every day since Charlie was born, I grow more and more conscious of our "parental tendencies." I'm still only twenty-five, almost twenty-six, which is pretty young to be a parent in my opinion.

As everyone else is talking, I notice that Jamie hasn't said hi to George yet, which isn't necessarily a problem, but I thought Jamie was improving a little when it comes to meeting new people. He got along great with Anne and Gemma. In fact, he asked if they wanted to draw with him just like he did with me when we first met. Maybe it's a male thing...

"Hey, buddy," I sit in the chair closest to where Jamie is on the floor, laying on his stomach playing with a few of Charlie's stuffed animals.

"Hi," he doesn't look up to me when he talks.

"What are you up to?" I ask, not wanting to explicitly ask if he's okay with George.

"I was just introducing Golden to Charlie's animals. Do they have names?" he finally looks up from his lion at the end.

"I don't think they do yet. Would you like to give them names?" I ask and his face lights up.

"I feel like this one's name is Sofia because her purple fur reminds me of Sofia the First," he refers to the purple elephant, "And this one should be called Jenny," he holds up the frog.