Eight

Harry's P.O.V.

"Thank you again for coming, I know she really misses you. I also secretly think she's getting sick of me, so having someone else around for a bit might be nice," I half joke.

"You can fly me to LA anytime you want, Superman. I'll never turn down a free trip to see my best friend," Annie jokes back. I love how carefree and headstrong Annie is, but I know she's a big softy inside too.

"Em doesn't know you're here, so you should stay outside with everyone else until she comes down," I tell her.

"Are you sure I can't just go inside now? I barely know anyone here," Annie whines.

"I'm pretty sure she hasn't even showered yet so she's nowhere near ready. She's been fighting me on which bathing suit to wear all morning. Just stay here and get to know some of my friends. I promise you'll get along with them," I say, walking us towards the group setting up camp for the day in my backyard.

"Did you forget we used to take showers together? I even had to pull her tampon out for her once, I think she's comfortable with me being-"

"Hey Sarah, this is Em's best friend Annie!" I introduce the two girls, so Annie stops stalling.

"Oh, you were her maid of honor! I'm so sorry we haven't met before," Sarah reaches to shake Annie's hand.

"Yeah, they're really close. They even pull out each other's tampons!" I smile at Annie who attempts to hit me on the shoulder, "Anyways, have fun! I'm going to go find my wife."

Satisfied when I hear Annie and Sarah start a conversation, I find James to ask if he can start the grill for me.

"In all of the years I've been in America, I've never celebrated the Fourth of July," he tells me.

"Really? I don't know many people who celebrate it for the actual meaning, it's more of a time to have a barbecue with friends and family."

"Hey, I'm always down for a free beer!" James laughs, "Where's Emma?"

"She's still getting ready. I was just about to go check on her," I tell my friend.

"I remember those times. Is she indecisive on which bathing suit to wear?"

"Exactly! I keep telling her that she'll look great in whichever one she picks," I say.

"Julia was just like that. She was very self-conscious as she got further along," James tells me.

"I don't think Em is self-conscious about her body. At least not around friends, it's more the media she's worried about. You know she already gets hate online. We both like watching her stomach grow, though. At least I think so... should I be worried about her? Fuck,"

"I didn't mean to trouble you, mate," James starts.

"No, it's okay. I'm going to head inside. Wait for me to put the meat on."

I run inside and up the stairs, cursing myself for being so oblivious. The thought of Em being self-conscious about her body hadn't even crossed my mind. I always think she's gorgeous and her growing belly definitely doesn't change that. I wish she saw herself through my eyes.

"Baby, are you almost done?" I pant, entering our bedroom. I look to the where the bathroom door is open and see my beautiful wife braiding her hair.

"You look stunning," I walk up to her, wrapping my arms around her waist from behind.

"Thank you," she blushes, and I kiss the space where her neck meets her shoulder.

"Did you know that I love my beautiful, caring, gorgeous, strong, amazingly sexy wife?" I kiss her again.