Forty Seven

*trigger warning for brief talk of abuse*

Harry's P.O.V.        September 23rd, Charlie 9 months

"Hey Em," I call my wife, and she picks up on the second ring.

"Hi baby, I'm just about to take my lunch."

"Oh sorry, I can call back,"

"No, it's alright. I was actually going to ask if I should come home for lunch with you and Charlie. Unless you've already ate, I can stay at the office."

"The drive is too long for you to come home over lunch. We'll meet you at the office and I'll pick up something on the way," I suggest. I love that Em and I can be flexible with our schedules to spend more time together as a family, but she only takes an hour for lunch and including the commute that cuts down the time by at least half.

"Okay," I can hear her smiling, "What was it you wanted to say?"

"Oh yeah. Your mum called and I'm going to help her lay some rock in her garden or something? You don't have to come if you don't want,"

"I'll stay home," she says, "It's already been a busy morning so I'm looking forward to coming home and doing nothing."

"Okay. Charlie and I will leave in a few minutes, but I'll text you when we're close."

"Okay, I'm excited. I love you."

"I love you too, darling. Be there soon."

After ending the call, I put Charlie in the car and head to the Panera drive thru to pick up lunch for Em and I. Charlie already had rice, baby vegetables, and fruit for lunch but I brought a bottle just in case.

"I got soup," I lightly press Em's office door open with my foot because my hands are full of Charlie, the diaper bag, and our lunch.

"It smells amazing, thank you," she smiles and closes a few tabs on her computer before coming over to take Charlie off my hands so I can set the bag down and we can eat.

Em's office is pretty spacious. Aside from her desk area, there's a small, dining sized table and a few extra comfortable chairs, along with a bookshelf that has some things to keep Charlie occupied while she's here. She wanted to make sure her office was Charlie-friendly and homely since she's spending so much more time here compared to when she was working from home.

"Guess who I was just on the phone with before you arrived?" Em says, stirring her soup so it cools down faster.

"Who?"

"Kylie Jenner," she smirks.

"How come?" I ask, not understanding why that's a big deal.

"She wants me to do her maternity shoot, but do NOT tell anyone."

"Oh, wow. I didn't even know she was pregnant,"

"No one does," she interrupts me, obviously way too excited, "she made me sign an NDA before the phone call."

"Oh great, so now she's going to sue you for telling me," I toss my arms as a joke.

"Shut up," she laughs, almost spilling her soup.

A few minutes later, Charlie stinks up the office, so I take her to the bathroom to change her nappy. Then we just have light conversation and play with Charlie a bit for the rest of Em's lunch break. When it's time for Charlie and I to leave, she's basically asleep on the floor. Her cheek is pressed onto the blanket, her arms are squished underneath her body, and her little bum is in the air. It looks terribly uncomfortable, but incredibly adorable at the same time. I snap a few photos and post one to my private Instagram story.