Chapter One

-Kaden's POV-

Wake up, shower, go to school, rule the world. Yeah right.

More like; sleep for two hours before dragging myself out of bed and climbing into the shower, where I self-reflect for as long as I can get away with before it's time for school.

Give my guards the jobs for the day, plus any extra information they may need to know, before showing up to school late, again.

Try and get through the day without interruptions, which is pretty much impossible. Deal with any little interference that may get in my way, some smaller than others. Praying the day will go quickly and smoothly, before heading back home.

Then it's the mountains of paperwork, letters, messages, any problems the citizens of Galtolga may be having.

And on a quiet day, I may get the time to actually spend some quality time with my friends, how I managed to actually keep friends was beyond me.

Time was constantly running away from me.

Jaxson's followers were nowhere to be seen, which was good for the most part, but not knowing when they may show up again, was a pain that I didn't need.

To top that all off, the energies were off lately, power seeping through a hole in time that I couldn't seem to find.

What am I missing? Something so small, yet so important. Where is it?

The stress was immense, slowing getting out of hand, and it took everything I had not to just lose it.

Keep a calm head, Kaden. People are counting on you. I just have to keep my eyes and ears open, if something were going to happen, we would simply have to wait it out, we were wasting too much time and too many resources looking for something that we had no idea about.

Time would have to be on our side, we just have to wait it out and hope for the best, and when the time finally comes, we will be ready, I will make sure of that.

So, as per usual, I got to school an hour late, and took my time walking to my first class. I had History with Adrian, so it could be worse.

I took a moment to compose myself, hoping for a calm day, before I pushed open the door and stepped into the classroom, my head held high.

However, the teacher that stood at the front of the classroom was not one I recognised; this could be a problem.

"And you are?" He asked, was he a substitute?

"Kaden Hendrix, sir. There's a report on my record explaining my absence," I said, hoping he would just read the report without any questions.

"Okie dokie, I'll read it in just a moment. I'm Tom, your new History teacher, why don't you take a seat, Kaden?"

So, he was one of those easy-going teachers that tried to be friends with his students, I could respect that, and it will certainly make my life a lot easier.

Tom, huh? You want to make sure the teens here don't walk all over you with an attitude like that.

I took my seat next to Adrian who immediately greeted me, in his happy manner. I returned the gesture, silently asking him what the deal with the new teacher was.

"Mr Jenkins finally retired, about time too, I don't think I could take any more of his lectures," Adrian told me through our mind-link.

And now we have Tom, who looks way too happy to be here. He was pretty young, probably mid to late 20's, he stood at about 6 foot, and had short brown hair and grey eyes.