Epilogue

-Kaden's POV-

Everything settled down around us in the following weeks. Galtolga became an even more peaceful place, with new hopes for the future under two kings. The people were hopeful and so were we. We had no new problems arise and everything went back to normal, well, the new normal anyway.

The pack grew stronger with more alliances and they welcomed me more everyday. They respected me as they did Adam, though if anyone did have a problem, my Keeper shut them down instantly.

Jupiter mostly left us alone, he was a lot quieter after his last visit with his mate. I knew he would be back whenever he wished to see her again, but that wouldn't be a problem for us now.

We were both stronger and more determined than ever, and it truly felt like nothing could stand in our way. We were better together, and more in love than ever.

The residents of Galtolga and the pack all interacted more, with permission granted on occasions for the pack to visit our world. Adam and I also granted permission for the Soul Wakers to be able to visit pack grounds, under the requirements that they behaved themselves.

We were slowly getting back to the way things used to be between Soul Wakers and Werewolves, and it was a truly wonderful thing to experience. I knew Tom appreciated that a lot too, even if he was quite the secretive person.

Adrian thrived off of it, using whatever opportunity he could find to force the two closer together. And some may have even found their Keeper's and mate's from doing so.

Spirits were high and the worlds looked a lot more colourful for mostly everyone.

Some of the kids from the burnout took to the training groups, more hopeful for the future than ever, and I took on a few guards of my own, working to better themselves and possibly work closer with me and Adam, as fighters, we had a lot of talented people come forward this year, and I couldn't be more proud.

And as we got closer and closer to graduation, the exams started picking up at school. It increased the amount of time our friends all spent together, which made up for all the lost time during Jupiter's quests.

A lot of our friends were stressing over exams, but I found it didn't bother me much, even with the roles of King and Alpha. Maybe that was the reason though, I always had two homes to go back to now, and my job was already set in stone.

I had a feeling I would miss school once I left. Though I knew Gabriel would disagree with me on that one.

Everything was good, I was more than happy, and with the amount of light that had entered my life along with my Keeper, I really, truly, couldn't complain.

And Adam and I? We were doing exceptionally well.

...

The trees rushed past us in a blur, the wind rushing through my hair and I felt a chuckle leave my lips. It felt freeing this way, clinging to the back of Adam's wolf as he raced through the woods, the feel of his fur beneath my fingers.

We reached the clearing within minutes and we both fell rolling onto the ground with how quickly Adam stopped, my laughter filling the air until it settled into a soft smile.

Adam's wolf rested his head on my chest, his red eyes shining with delight. I lazily stroked his fur, feeling completely and utterly content.

When his eyes eventually moved away from me, I watched on in amusement as he quickly shifted back, his eyes wide and mouth hanging open as he looked around us.

I was smiling widely the whole time, my eyes solely on my Keeper.

"When did you-how did...holy shit," he exclaimed, making me laugh once more.