Chapter Forty-Two

-Kaden's POV-

Orders were being passed around left-right and centre, but I didn't pay them any mind, my attention was on my Keeper as I carried him to Keiron's office, people from all around offering to help me, but I refused every offer, I couldn't let him go right now and I didn't want anyone else touching him.

My big bad alpha would not like to be held like this, I believed, maybe his pride would take a punch and I would relentlessly tease him for it.

"Sir."

He didn't feel heavy in my arms, and I could still feel his heartbeat, loud and prominent in my ears. Adam would have to rest and recover, and we would have to clean up the mess that had been caused by that thing. Galtolga would be busy for a few days.

"Sir..."

We would probably have to take some time off school. I should also check in with Adrian and Cameron, I knew they were fine, but I should make sure anyway.

Alas, we were successful, we had managed to pull off Soul Bound even if it was very straining on us both. And those dreams...was that my subconscious? I still didn't know. It had shaken me up seeing my parents like that, it had been so long, and the thought made me feel guilty.

We had won but it still felt like there was so much to do...

Amelia had been captured and was being dealt with, I still didn't know whether it was best to actually exterminate her or not, but I knew that she was not in a good place right now, I wonder what Jupiter would say. The message he had sent said that I needed to dispose of her, and even though she was currently still alive, she was definitely disposed of, she wouldn't cause any more problems for anyone.

"Kaden! You have to put him down so Keiron can help him."

My eyes drifted half-seeing to where Tom stood beside me, Keiron on the other side with the bed between us.

I managed to slowly nod my head. Adam needed help right now and there was nobody I trusted more for that job than Keiron, he would let me stay with him, I wouldn't have to leave.

Stepping towards the bed, I lay my Keeper down gently, making sure his head was placed comfortably on the pillow and I took his hand in mine, letting my eyes gaze over his restful face. His eyes were closed, the colour slightly drained from his face, but he still looked beautiful.

"Please help him," I said softly, never moving my eyes away from my love.

There was so much to do, but for now, it could wait.

My Keeper still needed me.

Keiron gave him something that would help Adam rest more comfortably and regain his strength quicker. He explained what I had already suspected; that Adam had completely drained his energy after using such a strong force of power that he was not used to. I should have known, I should have thought about the repercussions it would have on my Keeper, but I didn't know another way.

"It's not your fault, sir. Even if he had known the repercussions, I'm sure he would have done it anyway," Keiron tried to assure me.

"Oh, believe me, I have known Adam his whole life, he definitely would have done it, even if it cost him more than that." Tom shook his head, smiling to himself.

Yes, Adam and I were very similar in that aspect. We both would have sacrificed heavily to protect the people we care about.

"Thank you, both of you. If it is alright, I would like a moment alone with my Keeper."

"Of course, sir." Keiron bowed his head and the two stepped out of the room, only then did I finally release the sigh I had been holding in.

I tightened my hold on Adam's hand, placing my forehead down on his forearm as my eyes fell closed. "I'm sorry, love."