Chapter Fourteen

-Kaden's POV-

A plethora of emotions came crashing down onto me, as I felt myself being freed from restraints, everybody in the house would be able to feel my aura now, but still we were left alone.

"Kaden..." Adam whispered my name and I forced my eyes shut, because now I could feel him.

I had my guard up for so long, there was no easing into it, I'd heard countless stories of the effects your keeper has on you, but none of them could have prepared me for this.

My soul felt light, my body heavy, and my head foggy, everything just seemed to come to life all at once, wow...I felt...light.

"Kaden?" His words circled my head, loud as day, did his voice always sound so...seductive?

His hand touched my arm, and my eyes flew open, a gasp being pulled from my lips, those damn tingles shooting up my arm were so powerful, and his touch felt like heaven, my body craved more, and in that moment, I felt so overwhelmed, I didn't know what to do.

I finally looked at him, golden eyes shining as my eyes locked onto his, my body disobeyed my every order, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my eyes to return to normal.

"Are you okay?" His voice remained a whisper, like he was almost worried he would scare me off if he spoke any louder, though I wish he would, his whisper only worked to seduce me.

"You're just...I don't...wow..." I couldn't speak properly, and the words that did escape my lips came out breathless.

Adam chuckled lowly, "now do you understand what you do to me?"

I just nodded, not trusting myself with anymore words, I let myself feel everything for the first time, I'd wanted this for the longest time, but the fear of vulnerability was holding me back, but how different I felt without my guard.

I felt naked in front of my keeper, and I loved every second of it.

My eyes flickered to his lips without permission, feeling my tongue run along the skin of my lips to wet them, Adam watching my every move intensely.

But I knew I had to snap myself out of it, it had been way longer than a minute at this point, and with every second that past the risks only increased.

I finally managed to pull my eyes away from his, even if they still wouldn't go back to their original colour, I had to create some distance between us, I couldn't think with him so close.

So, I stood from the bed, going to stand near the closed door of his bedroom.

"What's wrong?" He asked cautiously, gingerly raising from his seat.

"I don't trust myself around you with my guard down," I answered, honestly.

"Then don't." He stepped towards me, and I held up my hand instantly, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Don't..." I whispered, damn he made me feel weak.

"Why?" I could hear the pain in his voice, and it shot straight to my heart, the pain making me cringe.

"Did you forget why I'm here?" I asked, prying my eyes open to peer at him, everyone was still waiting for us outside.

By the look that glossed over Adam's face, he had in fact forgot, but he had this new look of determination that almost had me shivering.

"So, you're just going to reject me?" He asked in disbelief.

"I never said that," I was quick to correct, why on earth would I ever reject him?