Chapter Sixteen

-Kaden's POV-

We finished up the meeting as best we could, I could tell there was still some confusion, but there was so much information to take in, and it was already getting late, any other questions they had would have to wait for another time.

I could see Adrian's own questions practically written on his face but he continued to frown at the floor, as everyone slowly got to doing their own things again, although I had a feeling a lot of minds would be drifting tonight.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, as I approached my close friends, while Adam was doing the same thing with his.

"That was just a lot to take in," Zach commented, looking at his keeper in concern, Cameron nodded in agreeance, his hand gripping Gabriel's tightly.

"I understand, and I hope none of you hold it against me for keeping this from you, I was just doing what I thought I had to. Hopefully we can discuss this further, more privately next time, but for now I think you all should get some rest." I hoped my smile didn't seem to forced, it was hard to conjure up a real smile when the tension in the room was so high.

Cameron and Gabriel shot a concerned look in Adrian's direction before they wished me a good night, letting the two boys know they would be waiting outside for them, I almost forgot they drove here together.

The two left, leaving me alone with Adrian and Zach, but I don't think Adrian was even aware of his friends departure.

"Adrian," I called his name, trying to get his attention away from the ground, but without much success.

"Everything okay?" Adam asked, as he approached from behind me, the pack members slowly leaving the room until it was just the four of us.

Zach held onto his keeper, his face riddled with concern before his desperate gaze moved onto me, in hopes I'd know what to do.

"What is he thinking?" I asked Zach, though my eyes didn't move from Adrian.

"I don't know, he's blocking me out..." Zach confessed, looking even more distressed by the second. He's too lost...

"You need to snap him out of it," I told him, I was becoming more and more aware of the conversation I would have to have with Adrian after all of this, he deserved to know, but I couldn't tell him before.

"How?" Zach's eyes flickered between me and his keeper, and I held back a sigh.

"I mean...I don't really want to hurt him," I thought aloud, knowing Zach wouldn't like that idea much either, and the look on his face only confirmed that.

"Or...you could kiss him," Adam suggested from behind me, his amused eyes watching me before they finally fell onto Zach, who nodded distantly.

And so he did, Zach kissed Adrian who instantly responded, being pulled from his lost mind into his keeper, the best distraction for a Soul Waker.

We thought they would stop as soon as Adrian was out of his stupor, but they didn't, and I found myself clearing my throat when it went on just a little too long, not that that worked, it never did.

I sighed as I turned to Adam, ignoring the two boys making out beside me. Adam's eyes fell back onto me in amusement, the sides of his mouth twitching up as he did so.

"So, what now?" He asked, he was letting me take charge, the ball was constantly in my court, and as an Alpha, I had no idea how he didn't mind that.

"I'd like to talk more with you in private," I said, although I could already feel the events of the day catching up on me, but I forced myself to push back the tiredness for now.