Chapter Forty

-Adam's POV-

We finished the meeting and I was immediately approached by one of my men, he walked by my side, while Kaden was on the other side of me, his arm around my waist.

"Alpha, how would you like the perpetrator to be dealt with?" My blood boiled at the mention of the man who had dared to try hurt my mate. He would pay dire consequences for his actions and in that moment, I didn't know if I wanted him dead or expelled from the pack, but my eyes quickly found Kaden.

He was just and fair in all of his actions, thinking them through thoroughly before deciding on what actions to take. I knew I had the tendency to be quite harsh with people, especially when they did something to upset or anger me.

Luke had said it once himself, we were like good cop, bad cop, but we worked well together, even more so because of that.

"I will speak with my mate first and we will come to a decision," I replied, not bothering to look at him as I spoke, instead we kept walking.

"Yes, Alpha." He left us alone then, my mind taking me elsewhere as I re-evaluated what we talked about in the meeting.

Kaden's hand squeezed mine tighter, gaining my attention. "I do not think there is a need to take such drastic measures with this one, love. He did not manage to hurt me, nor did he stand the chance."

"I'm just angry," I shook my head, letting his scent and aura calm me down. "I didn't like how that felt, but don't worry, I won't do anything too harsh, but I do plan to teach him a lesson."

My mate nodded slowly, never giving anything away on his face. "I will stand by whatever decision you make."

"Whatever decision we make. We can deal with him later, together." He smiled subtly at my words, his thumb caressing my hand slowly, and I could feel my own lips twitching as I shared the same small smile.

After that, Kaden and I returned to Galtolga. He did his usual checks and met me back in his office, where I was slouched on his sofa.

"Did you ever hear from Adrian?" Kaden asked as he walked back in with two mugs of coffee.

"Yes, he messaged while we were dealing with the rogues, I just didn't get chance to check my phone until now. Gabriel and Cameron are fine, though a little disorientated. They said they wanted to be alone tonight, so probably best to check in on them tomorrow."

Kaden nodded, handing one of the cups to me.

"You drink a lot of coffee," I commented with a smirk.

"It's like fuel for me, without it I would crash and burn," he joked, shooting me a wink.

I chuckled but accepted the drink anyway. I didn't drink a lot of coffee, but I appreciated the thought.

"Are you okay with me having told my pack about you and your people?"

Kaden took a seat beside me, sipping at his coffee with a thoughtful expression. "Yes. I actually think that might be the next thing on our list."

"You mean, confessions between Werewolves and Soul Wakers? Wait, that actually does kind of make sense. So, Jupiter wants us to tell everyone?"

"I guess so," my mate shrugged. "It had to happen eventually, maybe he is testing to see if we would actually do it, or more so, how our people would react to that information."

"I think my pack took it well."

"It's too early to tell but I hope so...I think we stunned them into silence."

"It is a lot of information to take in."

Kaden nodded in understanding. "And now it's my turn."

I turned to look at him, placing my hand on his knee. "Are you nervous?" He didn't feel nervous, but I suppose that could be deceiving. Just because he wasn't feeling nervous now, doesn't mean he won't be when the time comes.