Chapter Thirty-Two

I've been so busy. Quick, take this and run <3

Warning: This chapter contains mature content

-Kaden's POV-

I wasn't sure what to expect from my date with Adam, but I found the closer it got, the more excited I was. The thought to ask him hadn't really crossed my mind, I wasn't used to going on dates and such, since I had been solely waiting on my keeper, and I didn't have much time to spare as it was.

But for Adam, I would make time, and I found I really wanted to go on a date with him. Whether that was the reason I couldn't get to sleep that night was debatable.

I had to return to Galtolga after the pack meet with Adam to ensure everything had gone well with Adrian and Cameron today, as well as any reports from the guards. It was my usual check-ins at the end of the night.

And in good news, we had caught up on the overload of work that had built up over time, so Adrian and Cameron would have a lot more free time to spend with their Keepers instead of spending countless hours at work, it also gave myself some much-needed freedom to spend more time with my own Keeper.

It was such a weird thought, it wasn't too long ago that I was dreaming about finding my Keeper, wishing I had somebody to take my mind off of work, feeling almost envious of my friends, wanting to feel that same love that they did.

It was worth the wait; I was sure of that now.

My eyes opened, staring at the ceiling with a frown. I felt restless again. It was my idea to separate from Adam today, but neither of us wanted to, I knew I couldn't neglect my job, no matter how badly I wanted to remain by his side.

And up until now I was too busy to properly dwell on my emotions, but of course that time would come in the middle of the night, when my brain was left to wander in the silence of my room.

My room that suddenly felt too big and too empty. I wanted him here with me, he hadn't seen my room yet, but I had been in his, more than once.

I rolled over, turning to frown at the wall instead. My heart throbbed in my chest; I need the Keeper to my soul.

With a sigh, I pulled back the covers, and found myself repeating an act that would become all too familiar.

I didn't even bother to get dressed this time, just stepped through the portal in nothing but my boxers. Entering the darkness of the room, his red eyes quickly found mine.

Adam pulled back the covers, revealing the empty side of the bed, along with a glimpse at his bare chest.

"What took you so long?" He asked, and I didn't spare another second before crawling in beside him and letting him pull me against his warm body.

I slept well that night, though with a faint nagging feeling that I would never sleep as well again without this man beside me.

*

"Can I help you decide what to wear?"

"No, Adrian, this is not some teen romance movie," I rolled my eyes.

"You know what this means, right?" He smirked, giving me a side-eye that I really wanted to ignore.

I sighed. "And what does it mean?"

"Dude, think about it. You and Adam. Alone. For hours, doing all kinds of romantic things..."

I raised an eyebrow, continuing my walk down the never-ending corridor.

"Tonight, Kaden becomes a very happy man."

"Adrian..." I warned.

"You don't seriously think it's not going to happen, do you?"