Chapter Fifteen

-Kaden's POV-

I swallowed down before re-entering the living room, where I knew everybody awaited us, I tried to push down the feeling of nervousness, resisting the urge to drag Adam back to the safety of his bedroom, I felt like a teenager sneaking around with my secret boyfriend, although if we were being honest, that wasn't too far from the truth.

I knew nobody would have the nerve to question us, though Adrian would try, he had a way of turning everything into a joke, which let him get away with saying a lot of things he really shouldn't, it also helped to ease the tension in many situations however, making it more a blessing than a curse to have him ask such things.

Silently, I still prayed he wouldn't say anything in front of anyone, as I stepped further into the room with Adam behind me, coming into everyone's view as their attentions were dragged back onto us with questioning expressions.

Everybody wanted to ask but nobody dared.

"Thank you for your patience, let's return to where we left off, shall we?" I smiled kindly, ignoring the questioning stares and suggestive smiles.

More questions were asked, and I answered them in any way I could, wanting to be as sincere as possible, and secretly dreading the upcoming conversation about our history with each other.

"Can we see your world?" Someone asked, and at this question I had to hold back my frown.

"Hopefully someday," I smiled, knowing I wouldn't be able to promise anything, anyone other than us Soul Wakers were forbidden from treading land on Galtolga. I silently thanked everything in my existence that it was me who was King, that I held even the slightest chance of being able to change things for the better, knowing I would left helpless and lost had I been in any other position.

The thought made me think about the other residents of Galtolga, how many people had been through something similar in the past, or are going through the same thing now? I knew it wasn't impossible, thought it was rare. How were they handling it? Knowing I could be the one to make things better for my people, as well as myself, lit a spark inside me, it filled me with determination, I had to do this.

My eyes locked onto Adam, who had returned to his seat, now listening to every word I said, and only stepping in when he needed to, or wanted to ask a question of his own, he was definitely a lot more relaxed now than he was before, and when he saw me looking at him, the corners of his lips lifted in a small smile, that I happily returned.

We shared a secret message with each other, even though we currently didn't have much form of private communication between us in a room full of people, I knew he understood, his eyes sparkled with an unspoken excitement, that I only seemed to feed off.

Then I finally dragged my eyes away from my Keeper and towards Tom, who up until this point, had remained silent.

"I believe we are ready," I told him, he nodded, standing from his seat in the corner, he gestured to the side with a nod of his head, before stepping that direction, I joined him, just out of hearing distance, though I suppose that wouldn't matter much in a room full of werewolves, I respected his silent request anyway, knowing he would be aware of that.

"Do we know what the consequences of this may be?" He asked, keeping his words vague, but knowing I would understand.

"Just talking about it, there shouldn't be many, if any, just as long as what is talked about in this room remains in this room, acting on it is a different story, but you needn't worry about that." That would be something I would be dealing with myself.

Tom nodded in understanding before we turned to address the room, story time, I guess.

"Before we continue, I need to express the absolute importance that whatever you learn in this room today is kept amongst yourselves, it might be wise to not even talk on the subject unless you are absolutely certain you are alone and can't be heard. If you have any concerns, you may take them up with your Alpha, and he can reach out to me if needed," I explained, while my eyes roamed the room.