Chapter Twenty-Two

-Kaden's POV-

I was half passed out on the wolf packs couch, listening to the low hum of everyone's voices as they talked around me, half blocked out by the heaviness overtaking my body.

How long had it been since I got here? I couldn't tell, I could still feel Adam's thigh underneath my hand, creating the only bit of warmth in my body, why was it so cold?

"Kaden?" I heard Adam call my name softly, pulling me back to reality as I forced my eyes to open and the pain hit me all at once.

I winced, drawing the attention of everyone in the room.

"Sir, are you okay?" I heard Cameron's worried voice as whispers erupted around the room.

"I'm-okay," I forced the words out, feeling the heaviness between each one. "My body and mind are exhausted," I admitted.

I didn't have much choice, I could feel myself weakening, slowly on my way into unconsciousness so my body could heal, I needed them at this time.

"You should sleep," Adam told me, his hand falling onto my arm, casting more heat into my body. I unconsciously sought out the heat source, my body moving closer to my Keeper.

"We should take him home," Adrian said, and that is why he is my right-hand man, he knew what he had to do, and he gets the job done, no matter how long it takes.

Unfortunately, I was too weak at this point to contribute, I had to leave my trust in them, and try for the love of God to stay awake for just a bit longer.

"He can sleep here," Adam frowned, his eyes finding mine, his fingers squeezing my arm in reassurance.

I did want to stay with my Keeper, but I also needed to be in my own quarters, it was not wise to be exposed when in such a vulnerable condition.

"He will be safer in Galtolga," Adrian tried to convince him.

And with what energy I had left, I forced myself to rise from the sofa, not liking how shaky I felt on my own legs.

"We don't have much choice. Soul awakening is something I have never successfully done before, I will need to check in with my doctor to see the damage," I sighed, unaware of how broken my speech was, the words practically mumbled into the silence of the room.

Then when I took a step towards a random direction, definitely having no idea where I was heading, everything went black.

-Adam's POV-

My heart stopped when I saw my mate falling towards the ground, his eyelids fluttering shut as the room stood in silence.

My wolf reacted before I could fully understand what was happening, sweeping our mate up between my arms, and cradling him against my chest like he could break at any minute.

"Shit!" "Kaden!" "Sir!" Everyone reacted at once then, a clear panic spreading throughout the room as Adrian raced towards me.

Kaden's face was pressed into my chest as I held him up, an arm gripping tightly around his waist while the other held onto his shoulder, at any other time I would have enjoyed this, but I was becoming all too aware of how cold the boy in my arms was.

"He's freezing," I announced to anybody listening.

My wolf was practically whining at this point as I willed myself to think, panicking wouldn't help at a time like this.

I picked my mate up bridal style, I had to lay him down somewhere, get him warm.

"Adam, we need to get him to a doctor," Adrian's words cut through my distressed thought process, and I nodded. Yes, we need to get him help.