Chapter Forty-Four

Warning: Contains heavy violence

-Kaden's POV-

The ceremony went perfectly. The residents of Galtolga welcomed Adam, his friends, and his family as their own, and I couldn't have been more proud of them. There was a buzz of excitement in the air that carried high spirits wherever we went.

"There's somewhere I want to visit real quick," I told my Keeper. The celebration had been going on for a couple of hours, so it wouldn't hurt to slip away for a bit.

"Lead the way," he grinned, locking his hand firmly with mine.

We slipped out of the scene surprisingly easily, and I led Adam towards a part of town that I didn't visit very often. There was a nice breeze in the air that made me feel refreshed and everything just felt right.

It didn't take long for us to reach the area I had in mind, and upon closer inspection, I could see about four or five youths hanging around the lot.

"We call this place the burnout," I told Adam. "It is commonly known for where the more troubled kids hang out." It had gained a bad reputation over time, they had been deemed the outcasts and people would go out of their way to avoid them.

Adam didn't say anything as we stepped into the skatepark, our presence immediately catching those of the youths in our line of sight. They looked towards each other with worried and confused expressions.

One of the older boys took to stepping forward, an evident frown clear on his face as he spoke.

"Can we help you, sir?" He asked.

"You should come join the celebration," I smiled, making sure to look at all of them as I made my words clear for them to hear.

"Uh..." The boy scratched at his head. "Nah, I think we're good. Nobody wants us there." He went to turn back around, but I stopped him.

"That is not true. I want you there," I told him. "If I didn't, I would not have brought my Keeper out here to come and get you."

That caught their attention. They shared looks of surprise before I was addressed by a younger girl. They were all in their teenage years, with the oldest being around 16 or 17.

"You came here to come and get us?" She asked in disbelief.

"Indeed. Today is a big day for all of us, it is only fair we all get to celebrate such an occasion."

"You should come meet my werewolf buddies, and we've got a bunch of good food, seriously, if my birthday isn't like that every year, I don't want it," Adam continued, making one of the younger girls chuckle.

They looked towards each other hesitantly, but I could tell they were close to agreeing.

"Nobody will give you any problems, and if they do, come and tell us, we will deal with them. I do not want you missing out on all the fun. Galtolga now has two Kings, and we would like to make our world a place where everyone feels safe and appreciated, and you guys are at the top of our list," I assured.

"We thought you didn't care about us," the first boy said.

"I did not know how to handle the situation at the time, or if it were best left alone. You are strong, I can see that, and you deserve the opportunity to let others see that as well. I realised that is how I can help you. Work built up a lot for many of us, but you will have two Kings at your service now. We care about all of the residents of Galtolga, and if you trust in us, we will not fail you." Even Adrian had stopped visiting once everything had caught with him. Maybe we had failed them because of it, but now I wanted to make it up to them. Everybody deserved a chance, no matter who they are.