Chapter Thirty-One

Warning: This chapter contains mature content!

Not sure how I feel about this chapter, so let me know. Also thank you for all the support, votes, and comments lately, it really does keep me going <3

*

-Adam's POV-

I led Kaden through to the living room, all while my hand stayed tightly locked with his.

"You know the bedroom area, honestly just stick to mine, you know how territorial we are, not even I would dare step foot in somebody else's room. And of course, you've seen the living room and the kitchen, but I think that's as much as you've seen inside the house."

We entered through into a different area of the house, I'd seen so much of Kaden's office at this point, that it only seemed fair to show him my own.

"I am actually curious about how things are done around here. To be more exact, the correct steps taken in order for me to become Alpha alongside you. Forgive me if I worded that wrong, I use the terms I would in the case of you becoming King."

"No, you're right. I've already claimed you as my mate, but we would have to hold a ceremony for you to become Alpha," I explained.

"I thought as much, it is the same in Galtolga," he replied thoughtfully, as his eyes looked around the room.

"This is my office, it's nowhere near as fancy as yours but it does the job." I gestured around the room, picturing what it would be like to work in here with Kaden by my side, and more specifically trying not to think about taking my mate on my desk in the future.

"I actually like that it's quite simple, though I suppose most of your work happens outside of the office."

"You are correct. I'm not much of a paperwork man," I chuckled.

I showed Kaden more around the packhouse, explaining the use of every room. He was most familiar with the lounge because of that being our hangout location when all of our friends had spent the evening together. However, last time it was full of just our friends, this time it was full of pack members Kaden hadn't met.

"Hey, Alpha! How are you doing?" I was greeted as soon as we walked into the room, and suddenly all eyes were on us.

"I'm good thank you, Leon. How are you guys holding up?" The pack replied in kind, but I could see their glances towards Kaden, though none of them spoke on the matter.

"I would actually like to introduce you all to somebody. This is Kaden, my mate." I turned to smile at Kaden and was rewarded with a dashing smile back.

"Ah, Kaden! It's good to finally meet you, we've heard so much." Leon stepped forward to shake Kaden's hand. Leon was one of the older men in the pack, reaching his late 50's and made it his job to know every current event happening in the pack. A lot of members saw him as nosy, but he was a good man.

Kaden shook Leon's hand with a kind smile before addressing all of the pack members. "It is lovely to meet you all, I hope we will get along well."

General responses passed around the room, all of a friendly manner, and I found myself smiling more as my mate coerced with my pack.

We talked for a while longer, and it seemed everyone was quickly taking a liking to Kaden, which filled me with a sense of pride. It was very important to me that my pack accepted my mate as their Alpha, after all.

But eventually, I had to pull Kaden away. I still had some plans for our tour, and I was eager to venture outside of the packhouse and introduce Kaden more into my life as an Alpha.