Chapter Eighteen

-Adam's POV-

How can my mate be so fucking tempting? I was quickly learning enough about him to realise just how much of a tease he really could be, but every time it still catches me by surprise, I always expect the more reserved Kaden, so seeing this whole other side to him was exhilarating.

And to go as far as to do that at school, Luna, have mercy on my soul, before I drag this boy back to my room and keep him there until we're both completely spent.

"What are you thinking about?" Kaden asked from his seat beside me, the question almost made me laugh, was that a question I could ask him now? Would he even tell me?

"You," I smiled simply, but it quickly morphed into a smirk on seeing the slightest hint of a blush coat his cheeks, a rare sight to see with Kaden so I treasured it, burning the image into my head before he could quickly recover.

"What about you?" I then asked, hoping if I gave him an honest answer, he would do the same for me. Of course, at this point he knew lying would be futile, but he also just didn't have to tell me if he didn't want to.

"I'm not sure it's appropriate for class," he said with no sign of shame, regret, or remorse.

But naturally, because it was the last thing I was expecting him to say, the surprise had me laughing quite loudly, and in turn that caught the teacher's attention.

"Is there a problem Adam?" The aging lady that was currently teaching our lesson asked, don't ask me what lesson we're in because I have no clue. The second I stepped into the room and saw Kaden already sitting at his desk, my lesson had already been laid out for me, and there was no way I would be paying any attention to what the old bag was saying.

Thankfully, this was the last class of the day, but that meant I also had to be careful, I didn't want my exit from the school to be prevented by an irrelevant detention, even if I was blatantly not paying attention.

"No, ma'am," I smiled politely, hoping she'd turn back to teaching but of course, she didn't.

"Would you like to share with the class what is so funny?" She asked, with a raised eyebrow, she really thinks she got me there, I could almost see the satisfaction in her eyes already at thinking she had succeeded in embarrassing me.

"It's my fault," Kaden interrupted before I could get a word out, my head snapped to him, watching with wide eyes as I wondered what the hell he was doing. "I was joking about the Carina Nebula," he smiled, rubbing at the back of his head in feign embarrassment.

That seemed to do the trick, the excitement lit up in her eyes as she rushed to pull up pictures of some cosmic cliffs or something.

"Nice save," I smirked, to which he returned, and I swear every damn time he looked at me like that, I felt like my heart was going to stop.

I kept up some small talk with Kaden after that, but not as much as I would have liked, being careful not to be caught by the teacher, who had clearly been keeping a closer eye on us after my first slip up.

I was already bored though, if my mate wasn't in this class, I had no doubt in my mind that I would have left by now, but alas my mate was here, and that kept me glued to my seat until the final bell rang.

"What are you doing now?" I asked Kaden as I followed him to his locker, I didn't bother going to mine, or looking around for any of my friends, my full attention was on him.

"Well, I have some work to do," he spoke slowly as if thinking over his words before speaking, I knew what kind of work he meant, but he couldn't say that in the middle of a crowded corridor, even if most of the students were too busy trying to grab their stuff and leave.