Chapter Twelve

Sorry for the long wait <3

-Adam's POV-

I watched Kaden walk away, Adrian shooting me a sympathetic look, before he and Cameron followed after the boy.

All I could think about was those golden eyes staring back at me, I'd never seen such a beautiful colour before, they left me breathless, and when I could no longer see them, I missed them. 

I wanted to see his true eyes again, I wanted to be the one to trigger them, to reveal the real him that he tries so hard to hide.

I'm sure they hid well from the humans at this school, but us supernatural beings recognise those of our nature, even if it took a while, my mate couldn't hide from me for long, I was persistent, and I was going to make him mine.

But I couldn't deny the panic I felt when I realised what Kaden was doing, to be able to cast a spell that would wipe our memories, was that even possible? 

"What the hell is a Soul Waker?" I finally spoke, when the retreating boys left my line of sight.

"I knew there was something suspicious about them," Michael sighed.

I finally turned around to look at my pack, seeing looks of confusion and concern all around the room.

"He was going to wipe our memories, wasn't he?" Luke asked, rubbing his foot into the ground as he let the earlier events sink in. "Why'd he stop?"

"Maybe he knows he's Adam's mate," another commented.

"How would he know that?"

"He said they're Soul Wakers, for all we know they could have mates too...or something similar," Michael said, looking directly at me as he spoke.

"Nah, man, Adam looks like he's about to jump Kaden's bones whenever he's near him, Kaden acts completely natural around him," Luke dejected, unaware of me glaring at him.

"Well, whatever the case, Kaden stopped because of Adam," they decided, and I couldn't help but agree.

"So, what do we do now?" A question nobody could answer, but I knew I would have to talk to Kaden.

"We act normal, like nothing happened here today, I will talk to Kaden alone, when I get the chance, for now we carry on," I instructed, knowing not everybody would be happy with that, but we didn't have much choice.

We had to be careful now, we knew they held the ability to wipe our memories, and that, we would want to avoid at all costs, we also know nothing about them, I hate to say it, let alone think it, but we couldn't rule out the possibility that they could be dangerous.

Until we knew more about them, we had to play by their rules, and the Alpha part of me didn't like that, but my wolf and I were not willing to lose our mate, he would be worth the sacrifice for now.

-Kaden's POV-

"Sir, are you okay?" Adrian asked once we were finally back in my office.

I sighed loudly, pouring myself a cup of coffee, while I ignored the urge to start pacing around the room, I could feel Adrian's and Cameron's eyes on me with every move I made, but it didn't bother me much, I felt too...weird to think much on anything else.

"I think so," I finally answered.

"So, uh...what happened back there?" Adrian was cautious as he asked, but I knew both of them wanted to know, although I wasn't too sure of the answer myself.

I took my seat behind my desk and gestured for Adrian and Cameron to take a seat on the other side.

Taking a long sip of my coffee, I cleared my head the best I could, and spoke directly to Cameron.