Chapter Seven

-Kaden's POV-

Confused.

That's what I was, and that's what I hated being. Could it be...? No.

I shook my head, the last thing I want to do, is to start believing something that could turn out not to be true.

Even I couldn't deny the fact that when Adam's hand fell onto my shoulder, all the anger that was coursing through my veins disappeared so quickly, it was almost like it was never really there.

I didn't say anything to Adrian, shook the conversation off with the excuse that I'd just been overreacting, I was stressed, it was to be expected, he didn't look too convinced but let it drop either way.

He left with Zach not long after, but before I could climb into my own car, Adam's hand caught my elbow.

"Do you guys want to come over to ours over the weekend some time?" He asked.

Right, the weekend, was the week over already? I nodded in my stupor, trying to clear my head that was increasingly getting foggier.

"Sure," I simply said, not trusting myself with full sentences.

"Cool, so can I get your number, and I'll text you the address?" He asked, uncertain, and again I nodded as I pulled out my phone, not really there.

I gave him my number, and with a smirk he wished me a goodnight.

My actions felt robotic as I climbed into my car and drove myself to my house, what was that all about?

Could Adam be...?

Did I even find him attractive? Well...I didn't not find him attractive.

I sighed aloud, forcing my eyes to stay focused on the road. What was that quote Adrian used to say all the time?

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable must be the answer...something like that? Sherlock, I believe.

So, if I can eliminate the fact that it's none of the others, then it would have to be...

The question is how do I do that?

Souls meet through the eyes.

Well, that option isn't available, walking in there with bright, glowing eyes, that could never end well.

It would have to be through touch, since Adam's touch appeared to calm me, we can test that theory some more, and see how I react to everyone else.

*

"Urgh, I'm bored...this is boring...paperwork is boring."

"Thank you for your input, Adrian," I commented, dryly. Nobody liked paperwork, it was tedious, and we would all much rather be doing something else, but it had to be done, there was no way out of it, the more you put it off, the more it just piled up.

"I don't mind it," Cameron stated, not looking up from his own pile of paperwork as he scribbled away.

Adrian huffed, leaning back on his chair so only two legs sat on the floor, he grinned lazily, looking over at Cameron.

"You don't have to pretend you like it, it's okay not to like something, and anyways this is a mutual dislike...nobody likes paperwork," he grimaced.

"Okay...it is a little boring," he admitted and I smiled to myself, scribbling down on my own sheet. "But I feel like it wouldn't be too bad if you were having a lazy day, and didn't have the energy to do much else," he shrugged.

"Lazy days are for cuddling in bed, watching Netflix," Adrian stated confidently. "Is that not what you do with Gabe?" He asked.

Cameron shrugged.