Chapter Thirty-Five

-Kaden's POV-

The nights had become my favourite time of day. Adam and I ended up falling asleep while watching a movie on the sofa, wrapped up in each other's arms.

When Adam had woken up some time in the middle of the night, he had moved us both to his room, wrapping us both up in the thick blanket, and holding me close to him.

The nights I spent cuddled up in Adam's arms or with him in mine, were the most restful. I always awoke feeling like I had slept well, whether it was for four hours or eight.

What I didn't like was being woken by Adrian at an early hour on the weekend. Yet, here I was, sitting in my office, nursing a coffee at 9AM, while he read his script to me.

"You are aware it is your day off?" I asked with a smirk.

"I know, but the sooner we get this out there, the better. People are already starting to ask me questions, and I don't know what to tell them."

Cameron had also joined us at some point, though he didn't look like he was paying much attention.

It was rare for either of them to come in on their days off, and when they did, it was usually under my call, not theirs.

Adrian looked even happier than usual, and I was completely unaware of the smile sitting on my own lips.

"...Thank you for being patient with us during this time. I am aware that rumours are vastly spreading of the King's Keeper... I ask at this point that you not jump to conclusions... I can assure you none of this has been easy... if the King has not come forward about his Keeper, there is a reason... He will address us personally soon, and answer all the questions you have... I ask that you bear with us at this time."

Adrian was walking and talking, adding, and retracting words and sentences, he was definitely amusing to watch. He surprised us both when he created a portal in front of himself, his eyes never leaving the page as he stepped through.

Cameron and I shared a look, before quickly following after the unpredictable boy. I was half relieved and half surprised when we stepped through into the pack house's living room.

Adam's eyes snapped to me in amusement and confusion and all I could do was shrug, leaning back onto the wall behind me, I crossed my arms and watched on.

Adam and his friends sat around on the sofas in the room, their attention that was once on the television now of the boy who continued his speech as if it were normal.

"The King would like to express his deepest apologies for not informing you earlier, but circumstances have not been on our side during these complicated times. I can, however, assure you that the King is working hard in order to seek the best for the future of Galtolga, and for each of you. He looks forward to being able to introduce you to his Keeper, and your future Kin- uh..."

I smirked.

"Your future...um." Adrian looked towards me. "Ruler? Quing? Sovereign?"

"Can you not just say King?" Michael asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We don't want to reveal anything about Adam yet. Trust me, it's safer that way." Adrian shook his head, looking back over his notes.

"I am more than happy to try and answer any questions you have, though at this point, I cannot reveal anything about Kade-the King's Keeper."

Cameron chuckled quietly, refusing to meet anyone's eyes.

"What is going on with you two today?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Adrian turned to grin at me, his head tilted to the side in confusion.

"You come to work on your day off, you are eager to rush to help me, which of course, I am incredibly grateful for. You both appear happier than usual, even though your Keepers are not here. You are almost...hyper," I tried to explain.