Chapter Nine

-Cameron's POV-

My hand gripped tightly onto Gabriel's, using his power as my keeper to keep me calm, I'd finished the work sheet from the teacher as quickly as possible, not wanting to get into any more trouble.

Honestly, I just wanted to go home.

Gabriel sensed my distress and squeezed my hand, leaning his body into mine, and I felt my whole body relax, my breathing becoming easier.

My baby didn't care much for finishing his own work, his attention on me instead, using our mind-link to tell me the storyline to another book he had read, it kept me distracted so I didn't think much about where I was.

The fact that my past still had such a strong effect over me was bothering, but Gabe and my friends were all so understanding and patient with me, helping me through everything, no matter how strong I got.

I still owed them everything.

My love continued his storyline, describing a funny bit in the book, and I had to force myself to look away from him so I wouldn't laugh.

I forced my eyes to the other side of the classroom as I held back a laugh, my gaze fell onto the window, and I was surprised to see how dark it had gotten, it looked like it was going to rain, but I swear the sun was shining no more than five minutes ago.

Gabe continued his story as I frowned out the window, there was a flash of light, but it wasn't lightening, and it took me way too long to realise what was going on.

A portal was displayed high in the sky, its purple glow shining against the background of the darkening sky, there were people gathering around on the field below, it was hard to see at the distance they were at, but I could instantly tell they weren't human.

"We've got a problem!" I managed to get my brain to communicate, but the surprise of the situation panicked me, and instead of just saying this to Kaden and Adrian, I said it to Gabe and Zach as well.

All eyes fell onto me, as my eyes remained locked onto the window, eyes wide in horror.

Were we being attacked? But fighting is forbidden on school grounds, this can't be good.

I swallowed down, awaiting Kaden's next orders as his eyes followed mine and took in the scene forming outside, from the corner of my eye I could see him stiffen in his seat.

"Zach, Gabriel, keep everyone distracted, do everything you can to stop them from looking outside, I should need ten minutes at most. Adrian, Cameron, with me." 

Kaden gave his orders and rose from his seat, walking towards the door.

"Kaden, where are you going?" Tom asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise, as Adrian also jumped up from his seat, and I soon followed suite.

This was so going to get me in even more trouble, but if I didn't, the people in this room would also be in danger, and one of those people was my keeper, and I would do anything to keep him safe.

"I'm not feeling well, I think I'm going to be sick," Kaden said, clutching his stomach for extra effect, before leaving the classroom.

"I have to pee!" Adrian announced next, following after him.

"I forgot something in my locker," I was the last to say, as I stepped over the threshold, and started running with the other two boys in front of me.

-Zach's POV-

They spewed their excuses as they rushed from the room, leaving Tom to look rather flustered as he tried to figure out what just happened, and since he could no longer ask the absent boys, his eyes drifted over to me and Gabe.