Chapter Twenty-Seven

-Adam's POV-

"Bite me."

My eyes widened and I wished I could see his face. He wanted me to mark him? I had to hold my wolf back, he was more than eager to mark our mate, but I had to be sure.

"Kaden, do you understand what you're asking me to do?" I bit out through gritted teeth; my wolf was fighting me now and I forced him back with what little strength I had left.

The full moon.

It was in a couple of days, and I could already feel its effects creeping up on me, it was actually painful at this point to be away from my mate, and having to resist showing any affection in public was both a blessing and a curse.

How could I resist my mate when he was offering himself up to me? It would make us both stronger, we would be able to power through and put an end to this now.

Everyone was injured, it didn't look good on our end, and I was seconds away from calling in reinforcements from my pack.

This...thing-I'd never seen anything like it before and based on the others reactions; neither had they.

I didn't know who this Amelia person was, but she was clearly trouble for my mate and his people, that bothered me and when Kaden gave me the offer to walk away, I was almost insulted. I had to remind myself that he was simply trying to protect me, he didn't want to willingly drag me and my pack into his mess, but as he said before; we were in this together.

"I can call for back-up, my pack can get here pretty quickly, some are even at the school," I offered. The last thing I wanted was for Kaden to accept the mark just because he thought he had no other choice; I would never make him do that.

"I'm sorry, Adam. I know you probably wanted to claim me on your own terms, and I'm taking that away from you. I don't want to be the reason anymore of your pack gets hurt, but I'm not going to make you do this if you're not ready. I'll leave the decision up to you but know that I'm more than ready to bare your mark. We don't have a lot of time, and I hate that we're in this position right now. We need to make a decision...but Adam...I give you my full permission and consent to mark me."

My hand was still pressed tightly against the wound on his side, while my other hand slipped around his front. My chest pressed flushed up against his back, and my hand on his front rose higher until it was resting over his heart.

His heart beat loud in my ears, and every other sound was quickly drowned out by the noise, my attention solely on my mate. My nose pressed into the side of his neck, and I felt him shiver against me, pulling a possessive growl from my throat.

Mine.

"Oh, my sweet, loveable mate. I've been wanting to claim you since the second you bumped into me in that hallway. If you want romantic, I can always bite you again, but you taking my mark to protect me, our friends, to protect everyone, it feels wrong, but it's a huge fucking turn-on. You're mine, Kaden, and nobody is going to take you from me." I whispered the words into his neck, but I knew he could hear me.

I held him tighter against me, placing a kiss over the sensitive area on his neck. My eyes were bright red at this point and when my wolf pushed through this time, I didn't stop him.

My eyes flickered briefly to Adrian, he was already looking at us, evidently aware of what was about to happen. His eyes met his Keepers briefly before he let Cameron take over in protecting both boys. He stepped towards us, and I returned my attention back to my mate, his breathing was heavy, his head titled slightly to give me access to his sweet, sweet neck.

"Do it," he whispered.

I so wished I could see his face.

"Mine," I growled, sinking my teeth deep into my mate's neck. Kaden hissed through his teeth, his head thrown back against my shoulder, as my fangs sank into the soft flesh between his neck and his shoulder.