Chapter Thirty-Seven

-Adam's POV-

"What if instead of sacrificing my full power, I sacrifice some of it for a small period of time. Jupiter wants use of my Soul Awakening power, so how about you?"

"Me?" I asked, confused.

"Is there a power of mine you would like to use? Or that the pack can use? We have discovered that the items on the list aren't relevant to a specific thing, so it is quite lenient. So, maybe sacrificing some on my power temporarily to help you or the pack could work."

"As long as it's not too straining on you, I guess we could give it a shot. I don't know what we would use though."

He paused for a moment, the silence filling the room.

"I could use Soul Awakening on your father," he said hesitantly, his voice so quiet, I'm not sure if he meant to say it aloud.

My dad...I could see him again...I could say goodbye.

But what if it just made it more painful?

My mother could see her mate again, and Tom could see his brother. Would it help them, or just make it worse? I didn't know.

"You could ask them, see what they want. I don't want to bring you more pain though, love. The decision is completely up to you. I have other powers; we can find another way."

"I never got to say goodbye, I never even got to grieve, I could do that properly. But it hurts him, right?"

"Only if his soul is kept here for too long, the pull between realities becomes strained. I can tell you when it is time, but you will have to be ready to let go."

I nodded slowly in understanding. Could we really do this? It didn't feel real. To know that my mate held the ability to bring back a soul like that, it was one of those things you would never truly believe until you saw it for yourself.

Of course, I didn't doubt him, I never could, it just seemed like it should be impossible.

"Let's try it," I agreed.

"Would you like your mother and Tom to be there?"

I nodded. "We should give them the choice. I'll summon Tom first, see what he thinks about this."

Kaden took us back to the pack house and I had Tom meet us in a private room, somewhere we wouldn't be disturbed. I was starting to think we would be getting on my uncle's nerves at this point, but again he joined us willingly, with a smile on his face.

Right, this wasn't just for us anymore, this was for him too. Of course, he would do anything to be able to be with his mate.

"How can I help?"

I looked towards Kaden hesitantly, wondering how I would word this. Would he even believe me?

"Kaden has this...power, called Soul Awakening," I started, taking my time to properly explain the situation.

"I am aware, the ability to temporarily bring back a soul for a short period of time, am I correct?"

So, he had heard of it.

"Indeed. We believe it could work as a sacrifice of power. I gain nothing from it and am using my power and strength to help you Lycanthropes. We may be cheesing it a bit, but I am hoping it will suffice," Kaden explained.

Tom nodded in understanding but waited for us to continue, he knew we weren't done.

"We were thinking Kaden could summon my dad."

Tom was silent for the longest time; you could almost see his brain moving at a mile a minute. You couldn't read into his expression, and he gave no clue on what he thought of the idea. All we could do was wait.