Chapter Twenty

I would just like to clarify that this is a work of fiction and the accuracy with Gods and Greek Mythology is manipulated for the story, therefor I know some things I write aren't politically correct, but they are intended to be this way for the story. Just a heads up for anyone that might get confused with the lore, it's more of my own twist on things.

With that being said; please enjoy!

-Kaden's POV-

I couldn't figure out the physics of the portal, the connected one on the other side lay upon a wall, not on the ground, it was easy enough to step through, but knowing where it led to was confusing to say the least, I guess you would have to climb out.

It was a stupid thought, but a thought none the less.

And I used every thought I could muster to distract me from the situation I had gotten myself into, this definitely wasn't the wisest idea I've ever had, but in such short time I guess my options were fairly limited.

A sigh slipped past my lips as I forced myself to turn around and meet the consequences of my actions, not at all eager.

My eyes took in the vibrant icy colours, blues, and whites, greys and greens, all different shades among the floor that looked like crystals and the sky that was overwhelmed with clouds, but to my surprise, it wasn't raining here.

The clothes on my body still stuck uncomfortably to my skin, and any attempt I made to pull the thin fabric away turned out to be futile, my hair lay wet and flat against my head, you could say I wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion, but who's fault was that exactly?

I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched as I forced my legs to move, trying to ignore the heavy wet denim that clung to my legs, at least now it was no longer raining, I could dry off a little.

The silence was painfully loud as I walked, my eyes glancing over everything, where on Earth am I? Well, I had a feeling I wasn't on Earth anymore.

I tried to reach out to Adrian and Cameron, but if they could hear me, I didn't get a response, I couldn't even feel their auras anymore, neither could I Adam's and I was learning his well, but it was like we were so far away I couldn't feel him at all, I found I didn't like that.

Hopefully, Adrian and Cameron would be able to handle things for a while, or at least hold them off long enough for me to get back, which means I should probably be quicker than I was being, I caught myself tripping off into the thought the more I stared at the frozen walls.

The corridor I followed felt like it went on forever and eventually I just got impatient, my people were waiting for me, I didn't have time for this.

And so, I used my speed to race down the hall, no longer caring to be quiet and cautious, he knew I was here anyway, there wasn't much point, and finally I reached a different area.

The colours changed around me, from blues and whites to reds and yellows, multiple large gold pillars lined the room, the floor a sleek mahogany. The room was long and tall, but empty.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what they would put in a room like this, although the longer I stared and the further I walked I did get an idea.

The pillars lined either side of me, leading down the room until I got to the front where there was a more open space, a chair would sit here, or more so a throne, maybe two.

From the front of the room, looking back towards the door I had entered from, I could imagine a wedding ceremony taking place in this room.

"So, what do you think?" A voice boomed around me, circling the room, and practically scribbling his name along the wall. A man who enjoyed the attention a little bit too much.