Chapter Nineteen

-Kaden's POV-

Adrian and Cameron were quick to take their places either side of me as I felt the tension rising all around us.

"Kaden." Adam's voice broke through the rain, and for a moment I thought he would try and stop me, but my eyes quickly met his, I didn't want to fight on his territory without his permission.

If Adam asked me to leave, I would. No questions asked.

He stepped towards me, beside me, in front of me, his eyes finally leaving mine to lock onto the threatening stranger in front of us, there was no emotion visible in her eyes, nor any of the others who stood around like machines, waiting for more orders.

"If you want to get to him, you'll have to go through me first," Adam growled, and it shook the ground around us, similar to the still deafening thunder that threatened to rip through the sky.

"We have no quarrels with you Adam, tell your mate to leave and we will not bother you, it is a simple request," the girl spoke emotionlessly, no hint of anything and I really didn't know what to think, she knows I'm Adam's mate, and yet still asks for me to leave, who the hell is she?

"No. It is not a simple request, Kaden is my mate, he stays. I don't know who you are, and you are on my territory, therefor you are the one who must leave, either willingly...or we will make you." Adam stepped dangerously towards the woman, it was the first time I'd seen even a flicker of emotion on her face, of course it didn't last long, blink and you'd miss it, she forced herself to not visibly flinch at Adam's harsh words, the authority and underlining threat hanging heavy in the air, she was worried.

She knew she was facing a King and an Alpha, was this a bluff? Would they leave now they realised they couldn't get me to leave? Or would they still want to fight? Nothing good could ever come from that, but they didn't leave.

"Very well, then I am afraid you leave us no choice."

I didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't for the people at the back to shift into their wolf forms.

Okay, so werewolves.

Or, for the people at the front to push themselves off the ground, coming to hover in front of us, their eyes shining a vibrant icy blue colour.

Okay...not werewolves.

There was a very thin portal open on the ground in the middle of where they all stood scattered around us, it was almost invisible, especially through the rain but I could see the faint glow of dark purple flashes breaking through the vacant green colour of the grass that previously sat untouched.

Were they trying to hide it? It was possible, after all we would obviously have to close it, as soon as possible, just how much did these people know about us? I couldn't help but wonder...that just maybe...but it didn't seem possible, not yet...it was still early, you can't possibly be that impatient, can you?

I smirked; I couldn't help it.

"Adrian, Cameron, they have a portal open, I want to close it, keep an eye out for the ones in front, I don't know what they're capable of, stick together, you can work with Adam's pack as well. Oh, and protect your future King," I gave orders through a closed off mind-link, just between the three of us, who knew what these people were capable of, after all.

"Sir!" They answered in unison, but still nobody moved. We didn't like to be the ones to make the first move, we didn't fight unless we had to, and until they made their first move, the only defence we had was that they had asked me to leave and I refused, it all seemed quite childish when I worded it like that, but this was on them, for some reason they didn't want me here.