𝙲𝙷. 𝟿 ☯︎︎ 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚕

♊︎Year 5067, Month 4, Day 11, Time 3:10 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

It's been a few hours since they've all returned from the assignment and suspicions about what went down still hang heavy between all of them. There's a myriad of questions they all have floating about in their heads but they're all directed toward Kurenai and they're 100% certain that she's not willing to talk right now.

Currently, all four of them are in the weapons room: Mingi and Seonghwa standing at one corner of the room as they scrutinize the tattooed girl's every movement and San in another corner, avoiding the two men out of fear that they'll inquire about what happened between him and Kurenai.

As for Kurenai, she stands at another corner separate from the rest, minding her own business as she mulls over what went down in that building. She doesn't remember clearly, her mind foggy and still in shock from the incident.

She ponders whether she should ask San to recount to her what happened but decides that right now wouldn't be the best time.

Sighing heavily, she causes Mingi to focus on her and when he can't stand the inquiry at the back of his head any longer, he strides over to her to talk to her.

"Hey," he greets her softly, pity filling his voice when he reaches her and remembers the way her eyes looked puffy and her cheeks irritated back at the abandoned building.

The tattooed girl scowls at his pitying undertone and she crosses her hands, dreading having to talk to him.

"If you're going to pity me you can go away, I don't want your pity," She tells him bluntly, refusing to look at him in the eyes. He sags his shoulders, already used to her standoffish attitude.

"I didn't come to make you feel bad. I just want to know what happened." He tells her, looking over his shoulder to see San narrowing his eyes on him and Seonghwa paying close attention to see what he can hear.

"Welp, you came to the wrong person because I can't remember anything. The only person that knows is San and you can try to pry information out of him, but he won't spill." She finally looks at Mingi with a bored expression, the two of them staring at each other silently.

"Why are you acting like this, Kurenai?" Mingi shakes his head, wanting to know what caused her to be so cold and distant. It was already bad enough that she had to cut off their affair and now it seems she wants to cut off even their friendship. "Why are you pushing me away? I thought you trusted me."

"Mingi, I do not want to talk about this right now—."

"Then when?" He steps in front of her when she tries to walk away, furrowing his brows in frustration. "When will you want to talk about this? Hm? Because right now it seems all you want to do is get rid of what we have."

"And what exactly do we have?!" She hisses at him, trying not to raise her voice when she realizes that the other two have already heard her by the way they bow their heads awkwardly. She takes a deep breath, regaining composure as she lowers her voice to speak. "We were never together and we'll never be together as long as we're subjects, so get any hopes you have of that out of your head."

Every word she utters is like a thorn being pushed into his heart and as much as he hates to admit it, she's right. Their chances of ever having a relationship were always low. And now they're zero.