𝙲𝙷. 𝟹𝟶 ☯︎︎ 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝙿𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚛𝚞𝚜

♊︎Year 5067, Month 6, Day 19, Time 2:57 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

Blinded by the bright operation lights shining down on her, it takes a moment for Kurenai to adjust to her bright surroundings, coming back from whatever it was her kidnappers injected into her system.

Far off, she can hear the tune of a familiar song playing, but it's not loud enough for her to grasp what it's saying.

When she regains enough consciousness to become aware of her surroundings, she tries to lift herself off of where her body is lying, restricted when she feels the leather buckles restraining her arms and legs to the medical bed.

She panics at first, calming down as she takes in deeper breaths and scans her surroundings, her eyes looking at the bright white walls that surround her and the multiple cabinets that align them with all the medical stuff a doctor could need.

It smells strongly of lemon-scented cleaning supplies in there, the smell being so strong that it begins to irritate her nostrils.

She takes a couple of minutes to come to her senses, recognizing the stark white walls around her as one of Max's rooms in the main MALUS industries tower. For a moment she wonders what she's doing here all tied up when the words that Gemini told her echo in the back of her head, bringing along the sharp feeling of betrayal with them.

One of the Meisters sent me if that's what you're wondering.

Kurenai gulps out of both the feeling of guilt and pain building up in her chest, swelling up like a popcorn bag in a microwave— only nothing tasty could come out of her situation.

They've found out, she figures as she stares up blankly at the ceiling above her. They know what I did to Max.

It scares her to even think of what the punishment for that might be so instead of dwelling on it, she closes her eyes, taking deep breaths to help with the suffocating anxiety she currently feels.

There's a pulsing feeling at her arm from where Gemini injured her and a soar muscle at her neck from where she was injected, but besides the obvious pains, she feels whole. She is whole. Gladly.

Opening her eyes to take another look around the room she's in, Kurenai scans for any materials that she can use to get herself out of here, craning her neck as far as she can when the door to the room she's in beeps, alerting her of someone's entrance.

Her eyes peeled for a moment, but she quickly regains her composure, chewing nervously on her lip and bunching up her fists as someone comes in.

The man stands at the doorway for a moment, taking in Kurenai's laying figure. As he stands there, looking at her in contempt and pity, the tattooed woman can feel her blood boil out of pure fury. If only she could shake off these leather bindings somehow, then maybe she'd be able to wipe of that look of disdain he has smeared over his features.

"I bet you wish to get your bloody hands on me, don't ya?" She hears him mock her from the doorway and she looks away, turning her head back up to face the ceiling and gritting her teeth. "Hah, I was right!"

"The hell do you want?" Kurenai seethes where she lies, hearing his footsteps grow closer and closer as he comes into view, making sure the door was locked first before approaching her, which she found odd.