𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟷 ☯︎︎ 𝙼𝚢 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛

♊︎Year 5056, Month 6, Day 1, Time 6:46 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

Kurenai didn't know what to expect when she brought the friend she made home, but it was certainly not whatever was going down before her very eyes. Definitely not that.

Her eyes watch on in terror at the sight of one of her Meister's pointing a gun at the bruised and battered face of San, the boy she had been sneaking out late at night over the past year to visit.

It had become a nightly occurrence that some of her Meisters were bound to catch on to, and that's exactly what happened when Ursula confronted her about why she had been sneaking out so late. Kurenai came clean right then and there, finding it impossible to lie to a pro-con-artist and she was shocked when she heard her Meister suggest that she bring her friend over to visit.

And like the gullible little girl she was, she did exactly as The Duchess suggested. San was her first friend, and by far her best friend, so she was overjoyed at the thought of bringing him over to show her Meisters, but that warm image she had of their meeting was quickly eradicated when Evan landed his first strike on the boy's cheek.

Kurenai was too scared, too shocked by the sudden action that she didn't think of stepping in, only finding it terrible how quickly her Meisters turned on her and how Ursula, the one who suggested they all meet, just stood idly by, watching the scene unfold and even stepping up to place the gun on the poor boy's forehead. Cocked and ready to fire.

"I'm only going to ask you this once. So please, dearie, don't waste my time." Her usual sing-song voice now had an icy-edge to it, shaking Kurenai to the bones. She had only ever heard this voice on her missions with Isla when the woman was closing in on her target to question them. "When did you meet our precious little Kurenai?"

"I told you we me—," The duchess holds up a finger to silence the girl, prohibiting her from speaking further.

"I asked San." Ursula turns back to the boy who's cowering in fear, refusing to look up at the gun that's pressed up against his head.

"Over a year ago. At an abandoned building." He replies shakily.

"Which one?"

"The one on Opal Avenue." Nodding at the information that lines up with what Kurenai told her, The duchess continues to interrogate him.

"What do you want with her?"

"I just wanted to be her friend. Something you people seem to deprive her of." A swift kick is slammed into the boy's chest, almost causing him to hurl from its strength. Kurenai bows her head as she hears his gags in an attempt to vomit but the Meister that was standing behind her holds her head up, forcing her to watch.

"Ah-ah, Mira pequeñita. Tienes mucho que ver*." Ismael whispers, his eyes sparkling with excitement at the torture, the usual for a sadist. Kurenai's sure that he's just overwhelmed with pleasure at the sight of the tears pooling up in her eyes, silent but there.

"You say you wanted to be her friend yet you badmouth her guardians. That's not a good first impression now, is it?" Isla tuts from somewhere behind Ursula.

"Says the one who ordered to beat me up. How's that for a first impression." San spits in her face, making her grimace. Evan steps forward to hit the boy but Ursula stops him, again with just a small movement of her hand.