𝙲𝙷. 𝟷𝟼 ☯︎︎ 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚘 𝚕𝚊 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚊

A/N: The song I linked for this chapter is kind of like the theme song for my main character. If you want, you can play the song while reading this chapter. Enjoy!

☯︎︎

♊︎Year 5067, Month 5, Day 10, Time 6:00 pm♊︎

☯︎︎

"This place is huge." Wooyoung's voice appears on the end of everyone's earpiece, the music of the orchestra at the front filling in the wide room with colorful music.

From the violins to the cellos to the trumpets, all kinds of beautiful sounds trickle into the earpieces of the members, allowing for the people who stayed behind in the control room to listen in on the music.

Hongjoong's computer screens are filled with all kinds of images received from multiple members body cams: some of the people in fancy tuxedos and extravagant dresses, and others of the dark stage that has yet to come to life.

Even Yeosang's drone images are filled with beautiful imagery of the large opera house and the people in it.

It's spectacular, wondrous even, but it's too bad that Kurenai doesn't get to experience it for herself, stuck with monitoring everyone's movements alongside Hongjoong, Yeosang, and an injured Seonghwa.

"You're in a very rich town with rich people, it's going to be huge. Now, focus and get to your positions, all of you." Hongjoong directs the members, keeping a close eye on the cameras he's hacked into for any sign of suspicious behavior.

He and Yeosang are so incredibly drawn into their computers at the moment that Kurenai swears she can set a fire and they wouldn't even notice until the place burned down. And she was tempted to do it but decided against it when she felt the dirty and conspicuous glances Seonghwa kept throwing her way.

"Can I help you?" She finally addresses him, tired of feeling his judgmental glare on her skin. "You keep staring at me. It's freaking creepy."

"Well, I have eyes and I can do what I want." He snaps back, irking her even more.

"And I have some fingers that will poke your eyes out if you don't stop it."

"Guys." San whines at hearing the pair argue again. "This is the millionth time you've argued today's and the opera show hasn't even started."

"It's not my fault Mr. Douchebag over here keeps staring at me like he wants to pulverize me." Kurenai defends herself.

"If you keep talking I might as well pulverize you." The raven-haired man threatens her, receiving a snort from the woman.

"Oh, please! With that broken arm of yours, there's no way."

"You little—!"

"Ahem!" Hongjoong interrupts the verbal strife, nodding his head towards his screens to show that they're supposed to be alert and not fighting. Kurenai's top lip curls up in disgust when she sees Seonghwa stand up to get water. "Alrighty, is everyone in their positions?"

"Aye-Aye, Captain," Yunho asserts cheerily as he makes his way toward his seat on the isolated balcony with Candy— arm in arm. San follows a bit behind them, dressed in a fine tuxedo much like Yunho's only with a set of shades and a handgun tucked away in his suit, taking on the role as their "security guard."