𝚂𝙽𝙴𝙰𝙺 𝙿𝙴𝙰𝙺 !! 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚁𝚎𝚍 𝙻𝚘𝚝𝚞𝚜

Out already!

ꕥꕥꕥ

"GET HER!" The frenzied shopkeeper shrieks at the guards, flailing his arms at them in distress. She can hear the guards' heavy armor clanking as they begin to chase after her. Azalea laughs, looking back to see some of the guards crashing into the old man she's just left behind. When she focuses her gaze down at her bag to register her findings, she notices that something crucial is missing from the contents inside: Her brother's notepad.

Crap! She thinks to herself. He's gonna kill me!

She had shot out of the store so fast that she didn't notice when the notepad fell out of her tattered and beat-down satchel. She quickly thinks of a plan to retrieve it, deciding that the only way to get the notepad back would be to run past the guards. Again.

It's a bit hazardous to go back considering that she risks getting caught, or worse, injured by the girds that are after her. But anything is better than getting scolded by her brother.

Taking a deep breath and before exhaling completely, Azalea grabs onto the nearest pole in the market and uses it to pivot around, launching herself back towards the guards.

Unfortunately, She decided to use one of the support beams to pivot around which caused it to become unstable, allowing for the stand's roof to collapse on the women and whatever she was selling.

Azalea continues, finding no time to be able to stop and help the unlucky lady, sprinting as fast as she can toward the guards when she notices the distance between them closing in. She works her limbs, waiting till the last second to jump up and grabbing a hold of a store's sign that was placed perfectly above the guards' heads which enables her to swing over them, but then accidentally, landing on one of the men with her total body weight.

"AHH--," The man groans as she plops down ungraciously, knocking the unfortunate guard's air out of his lungs. Once she's noticed what's been committed after having pushed back the incredibly messy mop of her messy brown hair out of her face, she apologizes hurriedly.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry!" She exclaims, scrambling up to continue running. "But not really!" She decides after a short thought. The red-haired girl did feel bad for the man, especially knowing that she isn't what you'd consider "light" by societal standards, but if we take in the fact that he's probably one of the king's lackeys, then the worry goes away.

Either way, Azalea refocuses on what's ahead of her, spotting the abandoned note pad splayed on the floor right in front of the store she broke into. Currently, two guards are standing right above it. The bright red insignia of the red lotus shines fervently on their silver armor that glints menacingly in the strong summer's sunlight. The guards notice her coming at them and the old man shrieks once again, flapping and warning like a mad man.

"THERE! THAT'S HER!" The two guards get into a defense position, squatting low to try to catch her but thankfully, Azalea has other plans. The curly-haired girl notices that their feet give her an opening she can use. Smirking cunningly at the men in ironclad, she lets herself fall back. With the momentum she picked up whilst running, she slides under one of the guard's open legs, stretching out her hand just in time to snatch up her brother's notepad successfully.

"HA!" She derisively laughs in their face. As soon as she gets safely to the other side, she jumps up to her feet, resuming her sprint. Unluckily for her, one of the guards she had just passed, caught up to her, yanking her collar back roughly. She gasps, reaching up to grab her collar before swiveling around to get a good group on the soldier's arm.

Using her core and all her strength, she throws the man over her shoulder, flipping him onto the table to her right. The soldier's body crashes with a loud sound, snapping the table in half and causing all of the things on it to fall on him.

She hears a loud voice boom from one of the other guards that are still chasing after her, snapping her head in that direction to gauge how close they are.

"BY THE AUTHORITY OF THE KING AND THE PEOPLE OF OEPSA, I COMMAND YOU TO HALT SO THAT WE MAY ARREST YOU FOR THE ROBBERY OF OUR MAJESTY'S GOLD!" Azalea rolls her eyes.

"King my ass, as if I'd ever let them catch me," She mumbles under her breath venomously, squinting at the guards and guessing that they're about 40 feet away at the moment.

She whips her head back to envision an escape plan in her mind, setting a path for herself, one that will take a bit more energy than she was hoping, but a good one.

Stepping over the body of the soldier lying tiredly on the ground, she uses him as a stepping stool, leaping onto the closest table to her, giving her a good view of her surroundings.

People gasp here and there, looking up at the young woman that leaps to and fro on the market's tables, only a blur of color. Her chestnut-colored hair billows in the wind as the fresh breeze blow through it. The bright red ends of her hair looking like wisps of fire trailing behind her

While she moves, she feels herself fall into that familiar flow that she oh-so loves. Her heart palpitates rhythmically in her chest, allowing for her blood to pump through her limbs, giving her the strength to keep running. Her breath quickens the longer she jumps around from table to table.

She feels so free, so alive, a feeling that she only ever feels in situations like these. Adrenaline pumps through her veins, elating her as she sees her exit coming into view.

The line of the tables soon shortens and she jumps back down into the crowd and pushes past the bystanders, shoving them roughly out of the way. To them, she looks like only a blur of cloth as she zips by.

What she didn't account for was that the guards may have split up to try to get her. And sadly, they did.

Out of nowhere, one guard pops up to her left and the other to her right. She ducks at the moment they lunge at her and they crash into each other, giving her more time to escape.

She slowly starts to run out of options as she feels them all closing in on her when she sees the opening to an alleyway between two storefronts where a man in a cloak is standing idly by. She assumes that if she can't hide in the crowd she might have a chance of hiding behind the cloaked man and escaping through the alley.

Without thinking too much about it, Azalea picks up pace, ripping the table cloth of one of the stands to make a mess to buy her time and using the cloth as a cloak for herself. Luckily it was a very monotone colored cloak that blended in very well with the crowd around her.

In less than a minute, she was able to shake off her tail and push her way through the people that had clustered up in the central market due to her little fiasco.

Pulling out the simple dagger strapped at her thigh, she yanks the distracted man by his collar and leads him roughly into the alleyway, sneakily pressing her dagger into his side to restrict his movement.

ꕥꕥꕥ

Hope you can read it!

💗