𝙲𝙷. 𝟻𝟶 ☯︎︎ 𝚃𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎

♊︎ Year 5067, Month 8, Day 13, Time 7:56 pm ♊︎

︎︎︎☯︎︎

Kurenai kicks the back of the chair Isla is tied to which stirs the Meister awake. The older woman groans as she comes to, lifting her head slowly as her eyes adjust to the single bright light hanging from the ceiling. She takes in her new surroundings, looking at the damp walls and smelling the putrid stench of the mold that clings to everything.

"Where the hell did you guys take me?" She questions with a groggy voice. No one answers. "If you think you can bring me here without people getting suspicious you're wrong. One of the other Meisters will find me and bring me back. And when they do, you'll all be--."

"Alive." Kurenai cuts her off from behind which startles the meister. "We'll all be alive because no one will be coming to find you anytime soon. Right now you're boarding a flight out of the country for personal reasons you cannot disclose." Kurenai places a firm hand on the Meisters shoulder and giving it a squeeze that's strong enough to make the older woman squirm under her grip. " We even took extra precautions and got rid of your coat and phone to not get tracked. Besides, this place is made of complete concrete and heavily insulated. No one will find you any time soon no matter what you set off."

"Ooh, I'm terrified." Isla sarcastically responds, trying to get a feel for who else and what's in the room with her.

"It wasn't meant to scare you." Kurenai turns on her heels walking over to a table a few feet away where Isla spots two more human forms that come together as her eyes adjust further to the singular light in the room. "We just wanted to have a chat."

"If you wanted a chat you could have scheduled a meeting with me like a normal person," Isla scoffs at the tattooed woman.

"But we're not very normal, are we?" Another voice enters the conversation, footsteps following before his face comes into the light. Hongjoong stands straight with a cold gaze directed at the woman in the chair. She had never trained him before, only seeing him in action on missions through replays. Now that she sees him in person she understands why Evan trained him.

"No, you're not." She replies, jutting out her chin and studying his lax but confident posture. "Still, that's no way to treat a Meister."

"We needed an even playing field." The second of the two forms she spotted speaks up and she instantly recognizes it, scowling. "This is as even as it gets for us." Wooyoung struts to where his leader stands, resting an arm on his shoulder and using the other to wiggle his fingers at her. "Hi, Auntie. Did you enjoy your lemonade? I added a little extra, you know, to make it exciting."

"You little prick! Of course, you freaking drugged me! When I get my hands on you, you're gonna--!"

"He's gonna nothing because your hands won't be going anywhere near him to harm him." Kurenai cuts her off. "You on the other hand will tell us exactly what we need to know."

"Like what?"

"Like what you were doing with a USB in your jacket's pocket that contains sensitive MALUS information that I can't seem to access and what you were planning to do with it?" Hongjoong demands to know, going back to pick up a tablet from a distance table that had god knows what else on it.

Isla hangs her head and then stretches it slowly to one side then the other then front and so forth until she stops back at her original position. She can feel her adrenaline rush as she speaks again, knowing what it means for her if she does at this.

"Look, it might you surprise you to hear this but I was on my way to strike up a deal with you for information, Hongjoong." This takes both subject and the blacklisted woman by surprise.